Welcome to our official website. We are an independent creating writing society with lots of interesting stuffs for you.
We help writers develop and showcase their writing skills and connect readers to a noble world of compelling literature such as poetry, short stories, novels, plays, opinions, essays and feature stories from writers across the globe. Welcome on board and enjoy with us.
New to our site? Kindly subscribe here 👇.
Hi, our esteemed reader. My name is Lamittan Minsah. I am a Kenyan citizen pursuing a career in writing, alongside business. I hold a bachelor’s degree in journalism and mass communication from Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and have always been passionate about the evocative use of words to stimulate positive personal and communal changes. At a personal development level, I write for the welfare of my heart, spirit and mind. Some of my published works include “The Long-lasting Tree” (a historical fiction) and “Let’s Talk Bride” (a poetry collection), both available on Amazon. In 2021, I saw the need to start a writing website for myself and budding writers across the globe, and the product of it is Laminsa Indies. Welcome to our site. Follow us, enjoy our pieces, and should you have any suggestion or question, please do not hesitate from reaching out to us – use the contact page. From East Africa to the world, amusez-vous bien!
Let’s get you started with some of our latest posts👇
- SupremacistsWriten by Harris Ismail Phoenixes are bold,but a raven is equally dangerous;the sky is a battlefield for the wild and untamed monsters,even a lion can’t conquer a dragon. Pegasus is wise –stay high and low when the flight becomes deadly;maybe the human realm can provide a home:its better to risk homage than the falcon’s claws;so, the belief spreads wide. Humans are an intelligent lot;their imagination builds and destroys,their fights are punyContinue reading “Supremacists”
- Get the pot quickly 😅Yey!! The weekend’s rolling on, dear friends, and I’m hoping wherever you are, you’re having a fantastic moment. 😊 As always, It’s time to put aside everything the week has had on us and take ourselves on a little tour to the moon. 🌜🧑🦯👨🦼🏃♀️🏃 Welcome on board. Today I thought of something partly funny 🤣 and partly sad😔 about my younger sister.
- Toilet Hygiene and EtiquetteHygiene is a pertinent factor of human life and etiquette is a quality needed in every little aspect of life. Do we really observe hygiene and etiquette in toiletry matters?
- Rise and RaiseIf you have an opportunity to rise, don’t hesitate; but if you have an opportunity to raise others, don’t even think of hesitating. Laminsa quotes
- Vocabulary Builder – Week 3, 2022Hello and welcome to our weekly vocabulary builder. This blog comes to you every Wednessday only at Laminsa Indies. If you’re yet to subscribe to our website, kindly do so. Today, we’ll break the normal procedure of our lessons to look into a poem that espouses the journalistic desire to create an imapact in the society using words and, in general, writings. Read with me. Smiting Pen O smiting pen, myContinue reading “Vocabulary Builder – Week 3, 2022”
- The Merciful PriestWhen Osayo was arrested, people did not know where he was taken. The Blue-eyed took him to a small prison at Aluor Mission Centre in Gem. At Aluor, Osayo was forced to work on the maize plantations without any pay. He was also subjected to a little torture which came in the form of food denial to ‘teach him manners’ as the Blue-eyed purported. He ate only twice a day, inContinue reading “The Merciful Priest”
- Love by the RiverBy morning when the birds chanted,I hid among the thickets and waited;withheld my breath, never panted,waited with anxiety and the desire to possess – only the crickets creaked their noisesand a bird-call twined the air;thought, was somewhere a bird baited? Then luckily I saw her pass by,I saw Rayleanne and made a sigh;did my eyes to me lie?Blinked and looked, heart pounded warmly:what a smashing beauty o really!silky young silvery shanks,UncomparableContinue reading “Love by the River”
- How to walk upright: children and the youthHello and welcome to spiritual once more. The previous week we spoke about the meaning of uprightness and why God wants us to walk upright. If you didn’t get the post, you can refer to it here. You can also refer to last week’s post regarding living at peace with everyone here. Today, we’ll explore into the portions we left hanging about uprightness. How can one walk uprightly? Let’s tackle this,Continue reading “How to walk upright: children and the youth”
- The day in my childhood I vowed never to eat raw mangoes againYey!! 😊 The weekend’s here everybody. I hope you had a fantastic week. Welcome to our weekly funspot, a little tour to the moon, right? Here we go. 🌜👨🦯👨🦼🏃🏃♀️ Today I had some early childhood memories, particularly one about eating raw mangoes 🫒🫒 while going to or coming back from school, too much alcohol for our bellies you would say 😖😂. No wonder we used to feel drowsy during lessons, ohContinue reading “The day in my childhood I vowed never to eat raw mangoes again”
- Cure to your forgetfulnessYou wake up, do your day-to-day house chores or personal sanitation, and go to work or school. Your day goes on so smoothly, though somehow, within the hours, you feel there is something you are missing out. Evening comes and there you are, seated calmly in your house, perhaps watching news, then a friend calls. They are angry with you for failing to accomplish an agreement. You are probably feeling upsetContinue reading “Cure to your forgetfulness”
Find more here.
Our weekly writing outline:
We are currently open for submissions from authors across the globe who wish to get featured on our website. Email us your work through firstname.lastname@example.org. For submission guidelines click here.