Why young men yielded in to old women, 82-yeal old narrates.

1min read.

82-year old Helena is seated in front of her hut busking in the luscious nine-o’clock sun when I arrive. After exchanging morning gestures with me, she draws my attention to something she considers “a lost truth”.

“My grandson,” she says, “when you marry, don’t flirt with harlots, but stick to your wife and teach her how to love you.”

She says she knows why men look out of their marriages. “It’s been happening since our time, maybe the pesticide has changed, but the pest remains the same.

“Men like ‘impression’. They often think or say ‘my wife is dirty, careless, boring and tasteless’ when instead they mean ‘she doesn’t impress me’. And this impress-me thing is simple.”

She says during their days, they used solid perfumes to impress. “We placed the perfume stones underneath clothes in boxes; they would last for a month. When he (the man) felt the sweet scent on his clothes and also got approval from his colleagues, i tell you, even if you were rotting old, he’d not leave you!”

According to her, there are two things that make a man: the desire to stand out of the clatter and the longing to explore new things, whatever and wherever they are.

“These are what all women who want to protect their men from being “snatched” by other women should know,” says the widow and mother of seven.

Do you agree with Helena?

1. Rehoboth says:

nice article

1. Thank you, my friend Rehoboth

2. I do agree with granny. Men like to be impressed and they also like variations even in food and sex.

1. Oh wow, then the old woman is wise to see all this. Thank for such a heart-warming comment. I’m glad you liked it. πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. I really do like it. She spoke the truth.

2. I’m pleased that you do. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‡Thank you, really.

3. johncoyote says:

She is a wise lady. Both man and woman must change. If you want a long relationship, we must be like a willow tree. Be able to flex and bend when necessary. Hello, my friend and I will add the site to my favorite.

1. Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I’m glad that you liked it. And ain’t it an honorable thing that you’re adding me to your favorites! I’m humbled and very much thankful πŸ™

4. Very well said! Marriage should never be boring!

1. I agree πŸ’― Thank for taking your time to check through and comment.

1. Very much welcome!

5. ivor20 says:

Words of truth Felix … and yes your new link is working ..

1. Great!! Thanks for confirming. And I’m much pleased you liked this piece. πŸ’–

1. ivor20 says:

My pleasure Felix

Her words are wise but I think it should go both ways, it takes two to make a marriage work after all. 😁

1. Sure. I also think so. Think she was talking from her woman perspective though πŸ˜…πŸ˜‡πŸ’–

Yeah I believe so and I think it’s also a time factor. Those were the days where women’s job is to take care and please her husband, time’s changed too now a lot. 😁

2. What very honest comment! Thanks for saying your thoughts as they are. Yea, time has changed

I’m glad you appreciate my honesty 😊
        For the better hopefully. ❣️

4. Yes, it’s for the best for sure. Honesty is the best policy, isn’t it so? I love such honest and sincere opinions. Thanks again. ❀πŸ₯°πŸ’–πŸ’–

Yes it sure is πŸ‘