Broken

We, walked on petals of roses,
slim forces
that pulled broken twigs together,
and colourful butterflies
flapped round and round.

But then...
suddenly,
tears flowed down my cheeks
and the wind couldn't wipe it away:
we played possum,
taking sides, why?

I blinked and opened,
that was a dead old book,
never to be read again.
I was knifed in my heart,
I bled,
I cried:
'who will take 'way this mare?'

The roses were good,
Oh, they were so good!

About this poem: A broken-hearted lover reminisces how their relationship flourished before they began keeping quiet on each other and finally broke up. The moments they shared together refresh good memories to him/her and the break up is painful and like a nightmare to them.

1. AKwafrigeria says:

It’s nice, keep up the beautiful work ❀️

1. Thank you so much. I’m glad you liked it.πŸ’–πŸ’–

I’ve felt that knife in my heart too many times…the irony that good memories can be so painful. This is a stunning piece of poetry. Soul-felt and authentic and so well done. πŸ™‚

1. What a wonderful comment! Thank you so much, my friend. It’s pleasing to know that you could resonate with it, and that you liked it too. πŸ˜‡πŸ’–

3. ivor20 says:

I think those silent moments when empty words fall dead roses are worst Felix …

1. Sure, when strong relationships break, it’s like losing the most charming things in life that words alone cannot describe better. Thanks for leaving such a revealing comment.

1. ivor20 says:

My pleasure Felix

4. ivor20 says:

Here’s another song you might like .. for your poem ..

1. Oh, what a sad yet liberating song by Jake Bugg! And what a strong voice indicating the boldness, the courage, the intrepidity to move on and face life as it comes. I am touched I must say. Thanks for sharing, buddy.

1. ivor20 says:

you’re welcome Felix ..

5. Wow Lamittan! πŸ’–
    This this is truly a poem of such imagery and so well done!
    I loved it.
    Wishing you a day with roses and no thorns!
    πŸ’–

1. Thank you so much, Cindy. I’m really pleased that you enjoyed and liked it. πŸ’– Have a lovely day too. πŸ˜‡πŸ’–

1. πŸ’•πŸ™thanks so
        Much!! πŸ’•

Wonderful feelings and imagery here, Lamittan. Excellent. πŸ’–

1. Thanks a lot, Jeff. I wouldn’t have felt it that way without your comment, my friend. πŸ’–πŸ’–

You’re most welcome, Lamittan. Always. πŸ’–πŸ’–

2. πŸ€πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ˜‡

7. “colourful butterflies flapped round and round” — A couple of days ago, I was sitting on my front porch watching two peach colored butterflies who seemed to be dancing through the clover in a rhythmic synchronicity that had me mesmerized. I’ve heard that butterflies can symbolize our loved ones that are no longer with us. I’ve lost two sons in this crazy, tragic at times, but beautiful life. I imagined the moment was sent to me from them. Your poem evoked sadness but the terms of endearment are also strong in your voice for those times memories show you it was all worth the dance.

1. Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry for the loss you’ve heard, Phyllis my friend.😌 May the good Lord give you peace always and guide your path. πŸ™ I’m glad you could resonate with the poem though and that you found a slight reason to smile for the moments passed πŸ˜‡. Thanks for stopping by to read and leave such a graceful comment.

1. You’re welcome. May I ask are you in America or another country?

2. I’m in Kenya, dear.

8. Rehoboth says:

super post

1. Thank you so much. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‡

I loved it, it was heartbreaking to read but I loved reading it. You bring out the emotions so well dear. πŸ‘ŒπŸ’–

1. Aww, that’s elevating of you to say. I’m much pleased you liked it, dear Daphny. πŸ’–β€

It was every bit of a pleasure to read. ❀️

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸŒ·πŸŒ·

10. We can all relate to love and loss ❀️ this poem pulled at my heart strings especially of my youth that once was but will be forever in my memory ❀️

1. It did? Oh wow, I’m glad you could resonate with it. Indeed, most of us have been hurt at some point in our relationships. Thanks for sharing your kind thoughts, dear. πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ’–

11. Wow such a visceral and relatable moment to experience within a closing of a relationship. The Good and the bad. thank you for sharing your art with us. πŸ™‚

1. Wow, Frank… ain’t it an amazing thing to meet your kind comments here!! Mmm… I’m glad you liked it, man. And thanks for your heartening words. πŸ€πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

12. A beautiful poem, my friend. So forlorn. πŸ™‚

1. Oh wow, thank you, D. my friend for checking through and commenting. Yes, that it is. Always a pleasure to see you here. Such an honour to me πŸŽ– πŸŒΊπŸ’–

13. Beautiful sentiments expressed here!

1. Thank you so much, Shobana. I’m certainly happy you liked this. πŸ’–

14. Michael Mary says:

This is very valuable … here I also find some informative blogs related to Breakup, which I am sharing with you do read. https://predictmyfuture.com/5-signs-of-healing-after-a-breakup/

1. Thank you so much, Michael, for stopping by to read and leave such a heartwarming comment. I’m glad. πŸ’–