May this Poem

There’s healing in poetry

May this poem
that i wrote with warmth and affection for you,
holding your heart so close to mine
and patting your back
as we sat together in the unseen space
where souls and minds reside,
come to you quietly at this hour.

You,
who has borne the brunts of
a life lived in fear,
who say in their heart:
Dammit, this life’s not worth living!
You who feel cuffed by sins
whose ‘owners’ were never brought to book,
whose perpetrators hang freely on the streets.
You who feel manacled and locked behind walls
like Jesus when He laid in the tomb
and a mountain of rock sealed his door.

You,
who feel ramshackle
like an old vehicle driven out and left in the rain,
bespattered all over with thick mud,
whose heart now bleeds
and craves for stories untold,
pictures unseen.

You,
who feel the clock of their life
ticking away –
dressed in blue, lying here in throe,
heart and spirit chained with moans,
sad low growls in the background,
thinking,
“It’s now time I left this damned world.”

You,
who cry effusively
for mercies from the Lord,
for children and spouse,
who think God might have mistaken them
or forgotten their file.
You who has suffered loss,
pain
hardship
misfortunes
rejections
and betrayals.

You,
may this poem
remind you
that you are still a child of God,
loved just like the rest of his creation
that suffer loss and miseries too.
When you hear this poem at this time,
may your soul rejoice
at the thought of it,
and may this calm,
still,
assurance of hope
blossom in your heart
and bring you peace –
Just…
long-lasting peace and fortitude.

This poem…wow…it struck so many chords with me. Such a resonant sentiment applied with surgical precision. There are so many of us who hurt, for various and sundry reasons, and we feel there is no relief in sight. Your words are like a balm to an open would. You’re wise beyond your years, Lamittan, and gifted not only as a writer but as a human being. This is such timely prayer-like poetry. Just beautiful and hopeful. Thanks for sharing this with the world. πŸ™‚

1. Wow Mike, ain’t that charming and kind of you to say! What a great review, my friend. I’m inspired, encouraged. Thank you so so mich. πŸ’–πŸ€—

2. Lovely repetition at the beginning of each stanza, it seems to make the poem follow a musical rhythm. Lovely work, I enjoyed every bit of it!

1. I’m glad to know that you did enjoy the poem and that you found it meaningful. Thanks for the lyrical review too. Thank you so much really. 🀝❀

1. You’re welcome!

Love love love this poem Lam, speaks right to the heart. I am overwhelmed reading it out. No better way to start off the year then this lovely poem of yours. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Can’t always find enough words to say thank you. Your kind compliments always go deep into my heart and, filling it up with love and admiration, rip off my ability to appreciate better. I’m happy you found meaning and comfort in my pieces, dear. Ever ever so grateful! πŸ’–πŸ’–β€β€

Aww.. How sweet of you to say, its always my great pleasure to read your words. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

2. Awwn, that’s so sweet of you to say. I’m very pleased to hear this sincere opinion, Daph. In fact, myself I really love reading your works too. They inspire me, they build me. Many thanks to you really, for your presence here. πŸ€πŸ’–β€πŸŒ·πŸ’•

Your words inspire me as well and its always been so encouraging. The feelings mutual dear πŸ€—πŸ’–

4. Innumerable thanks, dear. πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ˜˜

πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸŒΈ

6. πŸ€—πŸ’–β€πŸŒ·

I love how each stanza is so painfully and searchingly addressed to “you” and the words that follow wax and wane with emotion!

1. Jaya… m’hmmm… I couldn’t agree more, dear; it’s painful indeed. It’s my deepest feeling for people’s situations during these tough times in the history of mankind. Thanks for noticing. 😘

Beautiful, Lamittan. When we are open, the heart shines forth with divine love, for it is everywhere and in everything. A lovely poem, dear friend. πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Oh very true, my friend Jeff. Thank you so much for your thoughful comment and for stopping by to read. Your comments do bring light to my heart and face. Ever ever so grateful. πŸ‘πŸ€πŸ’–πŸ’–

You’re most welcome, Lamittan. Always. Aww, I’m so happy this is so. Have a blessed day, dear friend. πŸ’–πŸ’–

2. Pleasure. Have a good one too, Jeff. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

6. I love your words so beautifully woven full of hope and love that shines throughout each and every word Lamittan! Nice job my friend. πŸ’–πŸ‘

1. Aww, ain’t that gratifying of you to say, dear Cindy!! Thank you so much. πŸ’–πŸ’•

1. It’s a pleasure my friend! πŸ’–

2. πŸ’–β€πŸŒ·

7. AKwafrigeria says:

Beautiful, you are a poet tooπŸ₯°

1. Yes, I often try poetry too. Thanks for noticing. And, aren’t you charming! You’re making my night joyful and radiant. Mmm… thank you a bunch! πŸ₯°

1. AKwafrigeria says:

You are great bro ❀️

2. Most welcome, dearest ❀

8. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

1. Thanks for your reading, and for the piece of advice too. πŸŒΊπŸ™

9. It is a very touching poem, Lamittan, especially in these volatile times. Kudos to you. It brings much hope.

1. Oh wow, thank you so much, Shobana, for remembering this. Glad to hear that it brings hope as so I intended it to. ❀

1. You are welcome, Lamittan