Funny Strict Grandpa

Yey! The weekend’s here everybody…πŸ₯‚πŸΉπŸ²πŸ₯³It’s time to eat and drink, and take ourselves on a little tour to the moon.πŸŒ™πŸƒπŸ’ƒ

Time to share with friends

How do you plan to spend your weekend? Just let me know. Sweet me, I’m going to 🎢🎢 at my local church, go πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ in the afternoon and watch movies with friends in the evening. (It’s surprising I don’t love football, m’hmm… not even a thin piece of me like that thingie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

It’s surprising I don’t love football, m’hmm… not even a thin piece of me like that thingie.

It’s not a new thing with writers to hate football. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜…

Here’s a true story to glisten up your face a bit. As I woke up this morning, I thought something about my great grandfather, stories I was told about him by my grandfather who, thank God, is still alive.

My great grandfatherπŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ was a staunch believer, and an honourable man, as I learnt. But the little funny part of his life was attached to this honour.

People respected him because he was a no-nonsense man, the kind of strictness that made him look even a lot more funny. He had a small bike that he’d use to travel to places (owning a bike those days was equivalent to owning a πŸš™ these days).

People respected him because he was a no-nonsense man.

He was so strict that I’m told one day while riding on his bike in the company of his friends, the wind blew away his nicely woven fedora hat, and instead of stopping to pick it up, he acted as if nothing had just happened. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜…

Then when someone trailing behind them shouted at him to stop and pick his hat, he halted awhile and said, “The damn hat knows nothing about time, it can wait or come after me.” He then climbed on his bike and sped on.

What a way to look over things! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Yes, if you’re wondering whether he was that crazy, then you’re not alone – I’m wondering too πŸ₯²πŸ€£.

He must have been a force to reckon with.

In fact, I was even told there’s a day he attended a pastoral meeting (as he was a church leader too) and kept his head drooped and his eyes closed for most of the session as if he was sleeping.

When the speaker asked him why his eyes were closed. He looked up, barely surprised, and asked sternly, “Is it my eyes listening to you or my ears and mind?” and then without much ado, held his chin into his palm again and closed his eyes. 🀣🀣

When the meeting neared an end, he stood up and walked to the front, and asked, “Any suggestions on how we can preach the gospel to our fellows born both blind and deaf?”

Of course no one had an answer then, not even the speaker himself could guess. Really, grandpa?? πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That is the man I’d have loved to relate with growing up. But I’m told it’s now almost thirty years since he died. He must have been an “I-don’t-like-jokes” man. πŸ˜…πŸ€£

See you next Saturday with another piece of diversion. Yey, have a fun-filled super Saturday. πŸ’–πŸŒ·πŸ’–πŸ€—

This was a delightful read, Lamittan! Enjoy your weekend! πŸ™‚

1. Thanks a lot, Mike my friend. Enjoy yours too. πŸ€—πŸ˜Š

2. Moonshine says:

Thank you for sharing about your great grandfather, that is such a blessing to have heard stories about him. Sounds like an awesome ancestor! Peace and blessings sir!

1. Oh Moonshine, thank you many times, my friend. Yeas, the stories about him are quite amazing. He was such an enigma. Blessings and peace to you too.

A lovely post, Lamittan. Wonderful to know more about you and your family. Blessings to you, dear friend. πŸ’–

1. Many thanks to you, dear Jeff. I’m certainly happy that you enjoyed this. πŸ€—πŸ˜Š Blessings to you too. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’•

You’re most welcome, dear Lamittan. Always. Thank you, my dear friend. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ’–

2. πŸ€πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ’–

4. joerayw says:

He sounds like he’d have been one cool grandpa!

1. Yes, he would have been, if only I had the chance of seeing him. 😊

5. I enjoyed reading this πŸ˜‚. Put smiles on my face πŸ˜‚. Thank you bro!

1. I’m so glad that you enjoyed, dear Michael. πŸ€— Many thanks to you too.

6. AKwafrigeria says:

I’m inlove with granny already, I’ll look for him in heaven πŸ₯°

1. Wow, wow, wow! Just as I am to. I’m overjoyed, dear. Together we’ll look for him in heaven, we’ll have to find him and feel his funny side. πŸ˜€πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. AKwafrigeria says:

Surely, for him I’ve 5o do everything to make heaven ☺️

2. I’m glad he inspired you this way, dear. Most welcome for sure. 🌷🌷

7. sweet piece on your grandpa! Sing us a song from the choir next week Lamittan..we will love it! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Oh wow, I’d be very much glad to do that. A good idea indeed! Thanks for reading and commenting, dear. πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. You’re so welcome!❀️