Cure to your forgetfulness

Note it down

You wake up, do your day-to-day house chores or personal sanitation, and go to work or school. Your day goes on so smoothly, though somehow, within the hours, you feel there is something you are missing out.

Evening comes and there you are, seated calmly in your house, perhaps watching news, then a friend calls. They are angry with you for failing to accomplish an agreement. You are probably feeling upset too, disgusted.

You again remember that you also forgot to scan and send copies of your bank slips and loan details to your financier. Yet today was the deadline! You begin to wonder what kind of enchantment it is that keeps you holden up from undertaking such important tasks.

You call on a friend in the night to discuss your problem and seek a solution. You expect something big from them but they only turn you down by telling you to see a psychiatric. You consider the bale of duties you have to run each day and the space of time, and you realise such an option is utterly impossible. The slimmest opportunity you have during the day is for your lunch and evening tea.

So you are wondering what you are going to do to curb this problem of daytime oblivion. Should you begin taking some brain freeze tonic? No, you are wrong. There are a handful ways of killing a cat, yes, but some are hazardous, mind-boggling, or time and energy consuming.

You do not expect your brain to recite your unwritten scriptful of to-do list, nay. And that is exactly why psychologists and innovative thinkers invented something called a diary. You need a diary.

A diary is simply one’s daily record book. Unlike a personal journal that hosts your experiences and remarkable occurrences alone, a diary is multipurpose and depends on whatsoever you would want to keep in it – either past or future events.

Well now, do you plan to do something in the future and you feel you might forget when the time comes, no worries anymore. Simply note it down in your day-plan, below the right dates. It is that simple, and you get to do every important activity within the right time frames. But then, that means you have to keep an eye on your diary everyday, every time.

These days,however, alongside the manual diary, there are smartphone diary applications with fixtured alarm clocks available in appstores that you can use to keep your plans, and at the same time clock a single or repeated reminder for each. Apart from these, most smartphone calendars these days support reminders. But be sure not to keep yourself a slave of your phone’s reminders; they are quite ambushing.

Apart from reminding you of a future event, diaries play quite a lot in users lives. They keep you organized and decent upstairs. They easily free you off the tasks-jumbling situations you have always been a slave to, and turn you into an organized master of yourself.

Moreover, a diary does the work of a faithful servant, provided you treat it well. When that time comes when you think there is something important you are almost hitting out, you turn to your diary and look it up there. You cannot miss it if you had jotted it down.Don’t you see you need a diary to cure your forgetfulness. Yes, and if not a diary, you still need a diary.

1. Janet Wendy says:

Can’t say no less. We all forget, at times, and the remedy is here. I love your style of writing

1. I’m certainly glad you liked this, Wendy. Many thanks for reading and commenting. πŸ’–

2. Jeffry Thompson says:

Quite insightful. Advice well taken. πŸ‘

1. Thank you, Jeffry my friend. πŸ’–

Completely agree. Writing our daily thoughts down is a super helpful practice. Great post, Lamittan. πŸ’–

1. Indeed!! I’m pleased you liked it, Jeff my friend. Thank you so much.

You’re most welcome, my dear friend, Lamittan. Always.

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–

I have a pile of diaries with me yet somehow I forget to write it down sometimes πŸ˜… This was such a good thought by the way. πŸ‘ŒπŸ’–
    Out of topic just wanted to let you know that I have been having problem commenting or liking your post from my phone.

1. O thank you, dear Daphny. It’s funny you forget to write πŸ˜†πŸ€£. You should consider having a smartphone diary with fixtured alarms reminding you of when to write at the end or beginning of a day. You can even use your phone’s calendar as a diary instead. Nowadays calendars allow one to keep reminders and use alarms. And about the difficulty you’re experiencing with my posts, I’m wondering why so? What is the issue so I can get to the bottom of it?

I’ve thought of that, I don’t know why I still haven’t done that. πŸ˜…
        I have 4-5 diaries with my at bed, uncountable diaries in my table and 1 or 2 at my locker at work yet. πŸ˜‚
        I don’t know why but I can read your post but there is no option to like or comment. One reason why I haven’t made any comment at your post. Luckily when I checked from my laptop today there was option so here I am but I still can’t in my phone.

2. Ooooh that’s so sad to hear. Imma have to work on that straight away. Let me see to it. Thanks for letting me know.

Yes please, I actually thought you put some sort of privacy until I checked your site today to see if like and comment options where there.
        You’re welcome.

4. No, I haven’t and will never impose such thing. I wonder how this can be. Maybe it came with the change in theme. Perhaps I need to just use my previous theme.

That is a high possibility, just thankfull that I could make a comment. 😊

6. I have changed to my previous. Kindly check for me whether it’s now possible to comment on phone.

Yes it is now. πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

8. Thank you. I’m glad you helped me with this, dear. Many thanks. I’ve been wondering why I’ve been losing likes and comments recently. Didn’t know it was this. I’m forever grateful. πŸ™

It’s the least I could do for you dear. You’re welcome! πŸ€—πŸ€—

10. πŸ€—πŸ€—β€

5. Moonshine says:

Another acceptional post. One of my joys in regards to your page brother is that you are sharing information that can empower readers, some youth, adults, elders, don’t know the benefits of a diary or of note taking. With rise in technology I think it’s important to remember our humanness and physically write things down. This of course is my own personal opinion as an able bodied man.

1. Yeah, this is much appropriated, dear friend. I cuncur with your opinion of this. Much appreciation for having you here. πŸ’–

6. Great post and so important to do my friend !πŸ’–πŸ’–