Get the pot quickly πŸ˜…

Traditional African pot

Yey!! The weekend’s rolling on, dear friends, and I’m hoping wherever you are, you’re having a fantastic moment. 😊 As always, It’s time to put aside everything the week has had on us and take ourselves on a little tour to the moon. πŸŒœπŸ§‘β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘¨β€πŸ¦ΌπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒ Welcome on board.

Today I thought of something partly funny 🀣 and partly sadπŸ˜” about my younger sister. But just before that, I’ve got some thanksgiving and apologies to make.

I’m very grateful to all of you who have been and still continue to be part of my blogging life. If I were to mention you all by names, it would take me the whole of this day and I’d still be in need of more time. Oh, even God knows how I really love you (actually from the middleπŸ˜€ of my heart). Hand kisses for each of you. πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

You’ve won my heart by your kindness. Thank you. ❀

Allow me, however, to just by name thank Ms Gabriela Marie Milton who’s the editor of MasticadoresUSA for accepting my poems for publishing on their platform. One of them is set to be published on Thursday, 27 January, 2022. Guys, you don’t want to miss this. Even if it means slating time for it on your calendar, kindly visit MasticadoresUSA on Thursday at 10:30am USA ET to share your thoughts about this piece. It’s going to be my first with them.

I also want to apologise to all who’ve been finding it hard to like and comment on my posts through WP Reader. I am very much aware of this anomaly and have been trying to engage WP “happiness engineers”. Oh how I pray that the happiness in their reference title may spread to my site 😁. It’s sad that this issue has been happening despite I making no deliberate changes to my discussion settings. As they work on it, however, I kindly ask you to visit my site to like and comment.

Keep reading πŸ“š πŸ™‚

Now back to our story. My sister Cavana, the seventh born in our family of eightπŸ˜€, was quite a trouble in her childhood. Thank God she’s still alive and kicking about like a sprightly young calf. She was this kind of child whom little serious accidents loved to happen to. At one point, she almost swallowed a stone, at another point she actually swallowed a five-shilling coin.

On another nearly-tragic day while my mum washed clothes at the river, she almost drowned in the water currents. And yet on another day, when she was only months old, she fell from the bed like a light piece of paper and almost broke her bones, hah πŸ˜…. Dear accidental sister!

Cavana in a past photo (standing right). She’s now 16. I’m so proud of these kids. Evone, standing second from left, is my niece 🌺❀.

Well, on the day of our story, my mum had left a packet of salt on the table after lunch. While dad and her got engrossed in an animated conversation, little Cavana – then about three years old, grabbed the packet and poured almost half the salt in her mouth. 😳 Poor kid! It certainly began to choke her right off the bat.

We were playing outside when we heard mum yell bloody murder. When we rushed in to see, we found her holding the little girl in her arms trying to remove the salt from her mouth using her fingers.

“We need water, we just need water,” said Dad moving anxiously about. He took one quick glance at the empty table and then, as if by God’s chance, his eyes quickly rolled past it to a pot of water that stood strategically at a corner in the house.

My mum in a photo I took her way back in 2013. You can see the African waterpot behind her.

“Get the pot quickly,” he popped up, looking at me and then rushing to where the pot stood close to the window. He grabbed it firmly by his two hands and brought it to where mum was. Unluckily, there was no cup in the room and his efforts would have almost appeared fruitless.

He took the lid off the pot and ‘scooped’ much water into his wide palms, enough to wet the kid from head to toes. It was quite clear that drastic times called for drastic measures. But man, I wondered what he was going to do with that water.

Mum moved a few paces away to bar him from pouring the cold water on the little troubled Cavana who had now begun to lose proper eye vision. She held the kid upside down and hit her legs a few times, and then, as if a miracle had just occured, the kid gulped in one huge swirl of air and stopped struggling. Then Mum held open Cavana’s mouth and Dad poured some of the water remaining in his palm into her mouth. She swallowed and, there she was, full of life again, the parents’ wisdom and precipitant response had finally saved the day!!

Thanks for reading till the end. Have a wonderful weekend. Continue reading our blogs for more fun.

Oh my, I’m so excited for you, Lamittan. Congratulations on the upcoming publication! I will be there. πŸ’–

1. Thanks, Jeff my friend. I’m glad you will. Much appreciated. 🌺❀

You’re welcome, Lamittan. Always. ❀️

2. 🌺❀🌺

What an adventure for little Cavana! It’s endearing to see photos of your family. πŸ™‚ And kudos to you for the good news of having a poem published. I’ll be sure to check it out! πŸ™‚

1. Thanks for your kindness, Mike. I’m glad you liked this and will be there to see the poem with me, my dear friend. πŸ™‚πŸ€—

3. What a lively description for an incident that luckily ended well
    I’m glad you joined the great Masticadores family too❣️❣️❣️

1. Many thanks to you, Luisa, for such a warm comment. Yes, it’s such an honour to belong. πŸŒΊβ€πŸ’•

1. πŸ™β£οΈπŸ™β£οΈπŸ™β£οΈ

First of all, congratulations dear you deserve every bit of it and wishing you many more success along the way. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
    Secondly, that was quite the story there. I got a flashback of my childhood reading your sisters story. πŸ˜… Glad to know she is fine. πŸ€—πŸŒΈ

1. Filled with elation at the meeting of your comment here, dear. My heart just jumped with warmth and joy πŸ€—. Much gratitude for your laudits and good wishes. Proud to have you as a friend. Glad too that you enjoyed the fun part. 🌺🌺❀

Always a pleasure Lam and glad to be part of your amazing journey. πŸ€—πŸ’–
        You are always way too kind. πŸ˜‡

2. Aww, such an honour and a pleasure worth admiration to hear you say so. Thanks in a big way, always, Daph. πŸ€—πŸ’–

You’re most welcome Lam, always. πŸ’–πŸ’–

4. 🌺🌺❀❀

5. What a story, Lamittan. I’m glad your sister has weathered all the storms and is alive and kicking! My friend, I can help you with your problem with your link. This is a common problem and I did a post about it a few years ago. There are three places where you need to make sure your link URL is correct. Let me know if you need any help. Here’s the post (you only need to do step one. https://mythsofthemirror.com/2019/04/06/7-steps-to-a-user-friendly-blog/

1. Holy catfish, my dear D. How kind and sweet it is of you to come to my aid! πŸ€—πŸŒΊ I’ve been much troubled about this. Lots of gratitude to you, my friend. Let me check it straight away. I’ll let you know my progress. πŸ’–

1. I hope it works!

2. Oh, I’ve incoperated all the seven but my posts still don’t show in the reader, D.

3. Your posts show up in my reader, my friend. I just checked and they’re there. Your comments show up in my notifications and I have no difficulty with your links. ❀ πŸ™‚

4. Wow, I’m glad if it does, but that’s not been the case for all readers. Most say they don’t and even if they do, the like and comment buttons are dimmed. It’s a wonder to me since I too could see them when I checked. πŸ€”

5. Oh, I noticed that your last post in reader was from Dec. 18th “Broken.” That’s odd. I hope the Happiness engineers figure it our for you. 😦

6. Yes, thanks for taking your time to check through and note the anomaly. The “happiness” engineers aren’t much of a help. From my chats with them, I’m afraid to say that they sound somewhat “defensive” on WordPress’ reputation. They’ve been praising how everything works well on my site whilst my readers keep tendering their complaints. This anomaly started just when I upgraded to premium a few weeks ago. I hope I’ll find some solution soon. Thanks for being available for me, and for your profound kindness, dear. πŸ’–πŸŒΊ

7. Oh, I was wondering what might have caused the glitch. Darn. I’ll keep checking reader on and off to see if you’re there. πŸ™‚

8. Oh so benevolent of you to do, D. Wallace. Words alone can’t express how greatful I am for your warm responses and gestures. Many thanks to you. πŸ™‚

9. My pleasure. I enjoy making new friends. πŸ™‚

10. Ain’t you such a warm person to befriend!! We haven’t associated much, but I can tell. Such a pleasure! πŸ€—

6. Oh I’m so excited for you on your first publication Lamittan!
    Congratulations! I was expecting this after seeing Gabriela’s praise of your work and I couldn’t be happier for you! I’ll see you tomorrow my friend.
    I loved the story and all of your pictures! Wow! You have LOTS of siblings and your lil sis was quite a risk taker alrighty!!!! I love the African Pot and your mom’s gorgeous smile!
    NN my friend.. sorry to be late but I’ll be right on time tomorrow! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Thank you so much for your congratulatory words , dearest. It’s pretty encouraging to come by such kind graceful comments from you. You know how to put a smile on my face, darl. I’ll most assuredly feel glad to see you there. πŸ™πŸ‘πŸŒΊπŸ₯°

1. You’re so welcome and it’s so deserved! Can’t wait but I have to for awhile but as the song says.. I’ll be there!!! enjoy your time to shine in all your glory!πŸ’–πŸ‘

2. Many more thanks and welcome, dearest. πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸ’–