Count it a blessing

When tears overwhelm your cheeks

and all you can see is a life met with leaks;

when all you ever see is fear, o subtle fear,

that few around you still can’t see,

then look at the moon and the stars,

all sorts of illuminations the world offers

and count it a blessing that you could see.

Lamittan Minsah

I believe it is a blessing to be able to both see and fully understand our problems and have a ray of hope of finding a solution.

1. So beautiful and inspiring . Love it!πŸ’•

1. Thank you so much, Grace. I’m happy you found it inspiring. πŸ’–

1. I sure did. My pleasure πŸ’•

2. πŸ’•πŸ’πŸŒŸ

Beautiful, evocative writing!

1. Thank you many times, Jaya. It’s my joy you liked this. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸ’•

A timely reminder of the healing power of gratitude! πŸ™

1. Indeed! Thank you so much, Ingrid, for acknowledging. 😊

4. Michael King says:

Wonderful Bro. We should always try and understand the purpose of every situations.

1. Yes, my friend Michael. What a blessing to say so! πŸ™

1. Michael King says:

Hallelujah!!

Beautiful, Lamittan. Looking up at the sky and stars gives us a wider view, a remembrance of how large the Universe is, and how small our problems are in relation. I love this. ❀️

1. Wow, Jeff, I’m so glad you could capture my thoughts. That’s absolutely so. Many thanks for you kind and expository comment. ❀

You’re most welcome, Lamittan. Always my pleasure to read your work. ❀️

2. πŸ€—πŸ’πŸŒŸπŸ’β€

Seeing and acknowledging our problems is the first step in finding a solution to them. It’s difficult when things become so bad that all we can see is our own tears. I love the way you’ve incorporated looking skyward for guidance and illumination. It’s so symbolic and, as Jeff mentioned, it adds perspective to our travails. Wonderful words as always, my friend! πŸ˜‰

1. You’re so kind, Mike, and your comments add joy to my writing and day. Thanks for shedding more light on this, dear friend. Always glad to see you reading.

7. Obong eno says:

Nothing but the truth

1. Thank you so much, Obong my friend. I’m so glad you liked this. ❀

1. Obong eno says:

You are always welcome dear LamiπŸ₯°

2. πŸ€—β€β€πŸ˜˜

8. How beautiful. Sometimes you need to read poems like these to be fearless.

1. What a lifting compliment, my dear Shobana. Thank you so much. I’m glad you enjoyed reading this. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸ’•

Very well said dear Lam, we often are too busy counting our miseries we forget all the blessings we receive and it is high time we start to count them. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Yes, dearest. I completely agree with you. Thanks for noting. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸ’•πŸ₯°

You’re very much welcome! πŸ€—πŸ’–

2. πŸŒΊπŸ’πŸŒΊβ€

10. To have that hope is so important and your verse beautifully conveys the need for perspective. ❀️

1. Ain’t it heartwarming to see you write such a kind compliment, my friend!! I’m glad you liked this verse. Thank you many times. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’•

11. Moonshine says:

Beautiful written sir!

1. Thank you many times, my friend moon.