Some Kindness Before I Die

Before I lie helpless,
cold and stiff, perhaps smiling
resignedly,
in my four-cornered room;

before my strength fades away
or my eyes ‘look in’ as the old said,
I will hold a hand or two,

a hundred or a thousand,
put a smile on their faces,
before I die, before I leave this earth.

(C) 2022 Lamittan Minsah, All rights reserved.

This is written in response to Sadje’s prompt for this week.

1. DAP says:

Wonderful words …… make people smile!

1. Thank you, my friend DAP. I’m filled with glee for your kind remarks and for knowing that your liked this.

2. Powerful and impactful piece, dear Lamittan. Love it!πŸ’•

1. Many thanks to you, dear. I’m happy you enjoyed reading it. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’•

1. I truly did. My pleasure.πŸ’•

2. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’•β€

3. Oh I love this Lam and you do! Each and every day with every comment to shine our way. it is commendable and so much appreciated! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ™πŸŒˆπŸŒ·

1. I do? Wow, makes me feel over the moon. Thank you, Cindy, for such a liberating and uplifting remark. ❀ 🌟🌟❀

1. Of course you do Lam! Is it ok to call you that? I’m soooo happy to hear that my friend!
        πŸ’–

2. Yes, it’s absolutely very okay to call me THAT πŸ˜‚. THAT is the short form of my long name. Lots of pleasure, dear. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸ’•

3. OH awesome and I lie Lamittan too so I’ll rotate. 😎
        hugs, πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ€—

4. I concur, dear. Pull down the specs a bit and see how happy I am, smiling with joy and gratitude😊. Hugs too. Xoxo

5. hahahaha what specs.. happy to hear and thanis πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ€—

6. πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘‰πŸ˜Ž Wonderful, my friend. Have a tranquil night and a lovesome day. πŸ₯°

7. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸŒˆπŸ™ Good Morning 🌷🌻

8. Good morning to you, dear. Such a bright day on your side I guess. πŸŒΌπŸŒΌπŸŒˆπŸ’– Here the atmosphere’s as black as ebony πŸ˜€. Wishing you a wonderful day.

9. awwww thanks.. bright and beautiful with some dead wood I’m trimmin out of myt life.. you know.. sending you some light and love. and thanksπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

10. Wow, thank you much, dearest. Yes, quite important for a wholesome enjoyable life. Lots of love and light to you too. It’s encouraging and absolutely wonderful to hear from you always. 🌈❀🌼πŸ₯°πŸ€—β€πŸŒˆ

11. It’s my pleasure always! Thanks for the love and light for the rest of my day and to you for night. Happy to hear that!
        πŸ’–πŸŒˆπŸ’–

12. Absolutely!! πŸ™πŸŒΌπŸŒΌβ€πŸ₯°

13. πŸ’–πŸŒ·πŸ˜˜

Beautiful, moving words full of promise!

1. Thank you so much, Jaya. I’m certainly happy to see that you liked it.

Spreading kindness around you is such a wonderful thought. Thanks for joining in Lamittan with this inspiring poem.

1. Indeed!! Thank you so much for bringing up the prompt, Sadje.

Of course! Thanks for joining in

2. The pleasure is all mine. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’•

πŸ™πŸΌ

6. Unknown says:

A remarkable poem! ✨

1. Thank you so much for your kind words. 😊

7. Wic says:

We’ll written sentiment. Made me think, β€˜Yeah, that’s something worth doing’.

1. It’s my joy that this made you think this way, my friend Wic. Thanks for your kind words. πŸ…πŸ˜Š

8. What a beautiful sentiment! Well said, my friend. Something we should all aspire for. ❀️

1. Thank you so much for showing kindness to me through your comment, my good friend. It’s true, everyone should aspire for this. ❀

1. You are welcome. ❀️

Such kind and sweet sentiments, sharing love and hope at life’s end. Beautiful words, Lamittan! πŸ™‚

1. Wow, thank you so much, Mike. I’m so glad you enjoyed this piece. Blessings to you in abundance for your invaluable kindness.

Dear Lam this is such a beautiful poem, I am sure you have and you will put a smile on thousands of faces and many more. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Aww, Daph, this is so sweet and charming to hear you say. Thank you abundantly

You’re most welcome Lam! πŸ€—β€οΈ

2. Amazing! Have a fab day, dear. 🌼🌼πŸ₯°πŸ€—

Have a fab day you too ❀️❀️❀️❀️

4. 🌼❀🌹❀🌹🌼

Kind people spread kindness, love and hope to their surroundings even at the last moment of their life. Beautiful poem with beautiful sentiments dear Lamittan ❀️

1. Very true, dear Jane. Many thanks to you for your kind comment. ❀

You are always welcome dear Lamittan ❀️

2. Pleasure 🌺 πŸ™β€

❀️❀️

This is such a gorgeous poem, Lamittan. I love the hope and human connection in this write. πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Jeff, that’s so kind of you to say, my dear friend. I’m so happy you liked this. Many thanks to you, always. πŸ’– πŸŒΌπŸ’–

You’re welcome, Lamittan. Always. I loved it, my dear friend. πŸ’–

2. Pleasure. πŸ’–πŸŒΌπŸ’–

What a wonderful goal! I think this is one of the most important things we can do before we die.

1. Quite gratifying to hear you day these, Ingrid. Many thanks to you. πŸ’– Sorry for late reply, your comment escaped to my spambox.

14. A wistful poem. So much to hope for before one dies. Fantastic poem.

1. Thank you many times, Ms Gomes. I’m elated you found it wistful, dear. πŸ’•πŸŒΌπŸ’•

15. Chris Hall says:

Delightful! Your poem made me smile πŸ™‚

1. What an elevating comment to come across. Oh I’m glad if it did, dear Chris. Many thanks for reading and writing such kind words. πŸ€—

16. If only more thought like you. the world would be a happier place. Simply delightful.

Here’s mine!

1. Gee, you’re so kind to say these! I’m glad you loved this piece. Thank you many times. Imma check it out. 🌼🌼😊

17. I love and appreciate the power of your thought process. This post is great, thanks for sharing my friend!

1. Thank you so much, dear. I’m certainly glad you enjoyed reading it. What a kind compliment to come by! πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’•

1. You’re most welcome, have a great day❣

2. You too ❀

18. Lovely poem. That is such a noble thought, Lamittan. Kindness will always be repaid by kindness.

1. Very true, my dear Shobana. And thank you so much for your love and kind comment. ❀

1. You are welcome.

1. Wow, thanks for showing kindness πŸ™ 😊

19. KL Caley says:

The aim to make people smile is a wonderful one. Well done. KL ❀

1. Aww, thank you so much for showing kindness. I’m glad you found it meaningful. β€πŸ’•πŸŒΌ

20. Chaymaa says: