The Wicked Gold Ring 1: Linda’s Diary

…I beheld it, an expensive gold ring, glimmering extrusively like the evening sun!…

Thursday, 13 February 2014

11:00pm

Dear Jennifer,

I have decided to write a personal journal to help me cool off my head over the tough times I face with my family. Should anything weird happen to me one day, I hope this book will find its way to you and help solve the riddles around my situation. I am not predicting something bad to happen to me or my family any soon; however, the future, and all its occurrences, is inevitable.

Since my husband won the elections, he has been acting strange. I hope by now you know that we no longer live in the ‘boondocks’, but in our new home in the city. And I am really struggling to cope with this life in town, dear sister – as a housewife, you know.

That aside, my husband has been one on constant move. He attends evening and late-night meetings and no longer has time for me and our two kids. Every day, after supper, he leaves for the so-called impromptu assignments and meetings. I wonder whether my marriage is on the right track of living.

Today, dear sister, he came back home somewhat earlier than usual. Though he was as calm and quiet as always, my instincts told me something was wrong. Imagine your husband, the Godlike creature the Bible posits we women were made out of, walking into the house and right to the bedroom without either a hug or a hi. What a supercilious and denigrating attitude! Anyway, I have lived to understand and brook his nagging lifestyle these days.

Georgie, so to speak, is one of those explosive introverts, and so I would not even think of asking him what was wrong. So, unminding him, I went about warming his bathwater. And while he took shower, I prepared his evening tea, taking note of the specifications given by his doctor for the sake of his digressing blood sugar levels.

When he finished bathing and came back into the house, I went straight to the bathroom to pick his clothes as usual. It was then and there that the most uncertain moments dawned. On the window stool lay a tiny glimmering object, a beautiful rare thing to behold.

My eyes must have waited eagerly a lifetime to capture such a profulgent ornament, for barely had I stepped into the bathroom when I beheld it, an expensive gold ring, glimmering extrusively like the evening sun! Gaping, I took it into my palm and watched, both fear and anxiety nibbling at my spine. I was like a hornbill hit inimically by the rain in the night and now feeling a tidge of hope mixed with uncertainty at the onset of daylight.

To be succinct and sincere, dear sister, I have never worn or been worn such an ornament, and even as I write this, I think perhaps he is holding up a surprise for me; who knows though, a man’s real intentions are hard to define.

I placed the ring back onto the stool and made my way back into the living room. But Georgie met me halfway, the bath towel still wrapped around his trunk, and with unnerving looks all over me. I planted myself in front of him and waited for those uncertain moments, of either a firm clout or ruthless inquiry. Instead, he asked me in a silly cracking voice, “Woman, have you seen it?”

I replied almost incoherently, “What was it?” Then I corrected myself, “I mean, what are you talking about, my lord?” He hesitated awhile and then replied, “So, you haven’t seen it, woman?” I insisted, “What, my lord?” I reasoned with myself that suppose it was going to be a surprise for me, then it would not be a good idea to say that I had already seen it. So I withheld my knowledge that way. He grunted and moved quickly past me into the bathroom.

I think he must have taken a minute or two in there. And when he came out, he went back to our bedroom and finished grooming himself. Then he came to the living room, quietly took his tea and left us as usual without putting in another word.

As I make my first entry into this journal tonight, all alone in my bed, yet it is approaching midnight, dear sister, I feel like a boat left in the middle of an ocean, anticipating a favourable surprise or another hell on wheels in the coming days.

***

Continue to Entry 2

Click the cover below or here (if you’re viewing on WordPress) to go to the book’s main page.

Free book. A story about evil, marriage and power.

I’ve read this half way and damn was it good, I simply loved it. You my friend are an amazing writer, looking forward to reading more of your works. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

1. Oh Daph, that’s so sweet and encouraging to hear from you, my friend. Many thanks to you. I’ll be editing and making the rest of the chapters available in my local shop on this site, for free. Right now, I’ve posted upto 9 chapters free. On 3rd march, I’ll be posting another 5. Thanks for taking your precious time to read, dear. ❤❤❤❤

You’re most welcome my dearest friend! I will be waiting for sure, being a reader it is always a great pleasure to read an amazing story and yours my dear are one the best I’ve read. ❤️

2. I’m well pleased and feeling obliged for your kind and unwavering support, dearest ❤❤

Anytime dear, anytime. ❤️🤗

4. 💞❤💞❤

2. Very descriptive! I giggled a little at this line, “Imagine your husband, the Godlike creature the Bible posits we women were made out of, walking into the house..” 👏👏

1. Oh wow, so sweet of you to say, dear Tricia. I’m glad you felt happy reading and found something that perked you up, dear. Thank you many times. 🙏 ❤🙏

1. Yes, you are very talented!! 💓

2. Thank you so much. 🤝💞

3. My pleasure! ❣️

Very interesting story Lamittan. You’re a good story teller my friend

1. Aw, so warm and heartening of you to say, Sadje my friend. Thank you many times, dear. 🤗

You’re welcome Lamittan. Will be reading the rest as soon as I get done time.

2. Amazing, my friend. It’s my joy that you will be reading. Can’t fully express how grateful I am for your kindness and support. 💞🌟🌟💞

My pleasure

2. KK says:

Very interesting! Loved it.👌💐💖

1. Many thanks to you, my friend KK 💖🌷

4. So captivating. Truly enjoyed reading . Amazing as always, my friend.💕💕

1. I can’t always find enough words to thank you, dear Grace, for your great unwavering support and kindness. Thanks for reading and writing such a wonderful comment. 💖💖

1. You are so very welcome, my friend. Truly enjoyed.💕🙏💕

2. Lots of pleasure, my friend. ❤

Ah! A wonderful beginning to this story. Intrigue and mystery are afoot. Love it, Lam. ❤️

1. So wonderful and encouraging of you to say, my friend Jeff. It’s happiness to me that you like it and indeed enjoyed. 💞🌟🌟💞😀❤

I’m so glad; it’s a fantastic story and write, my dear friend. ❤️❤️

2. I’m glad so, Jeff. The pleasure is all mine. ❤❤

6. What an intriguing write, Lamittan! Really engaging! I love this line in the story-
    “I was like a hornbill hit inimically by the rain in the night and now feeling a tidge of hope mixed with uncertainty at the onset of daylight.”

1. Oh sweet! Thank you many times for reading and writing such a wonderful complement, my friend, and for highlighting too. I’m happy. 😊

1. You’re welcome!

2. Pleasure. 💞💚💞💚💞

What a brilliantly written story, Lamittan! You are very talented and an excellent storyteller. 🤩

1. Holy catfish! Eugenia my friend, ain’t this kind and sweet of you to say! Your support is invaluable, dear. Thank you for your kind compliment. 😍

My pleasure, Lamittan! If I don’t mean it, I don’t say it. 😉

2. Of you mean it, darling. The pleasure is all mine. ❤

Very descriptive and interesting story. I enjoyed. You are very talented, dear Lamittan! ❤️

1. Oh thank you so many times, dear. It’s so gratifying and encouraging to read such a warm compliment from you, my friend. I’m really happy you enjoyed. ❤

You are welcome, dear Lamittan , always! ❤️

2. Pleasure💕💚💕❤💕💚💕

❤️❤️

9. Such an interesting read, Lamittan! You are incredible talented. ❤️

1. O dear, thank you so much. I’m certainly happy you like it and have written such a warm uplifting comment. I’m obliged for your support. ❤

What an exceptional story-teller you are, Lamittan! I can imagine you coming into this world with a quill in one hand and a bottle of ink in the other! Glorious talent indeed! 🙂

1. Mike, do you know what you just did, my friend? You made my heart leap with great excitement and warmth. What a kind and undeserved compliment. This is gratifying and encouraging, my senior. Thank you in a big way. You too are, without doubt, a gifted storyteller, as I’ve seen in your wonderful life-changing photographs and poems. ❤