Be Ye Not the Sacrificial Lamb Anymore

Awake, little lady, be ye not the sacrificial lamb anymore,
for thy own siblings have risen against thee
and made ye a middle ground for their battle;
awake, be ye not the sacrificial lamb anymore.

Thine sister, Narcisista, hath been an iron fist in a velvet glove,
seeking to stretch her fame and influence over all thine siblings,
and thy elder, Potenza, hath verily sought to suppress her;
awake, be ye not the sacrificial lamb anymore.

Often hath Potenza shown, that with thee she stands forevermore,
yet together with her allied sisters, they’ve one thing refused ever:
to allow ye to be part of their household agreements;
awake, be ye not the sacrificial lamb anymore.

O for long, thine sisters have Narcisista’s hubris known,
and sought to cut down her wealth and influence over all,
and now, by thine beautiful homeland allowing her to first ruin?
awake, be ye not the sacrificial lamb anymore.

Narcisista hath demanded thee on her side, not even asked;
and thine sisters have watched, as she butchers thine youngsters,
simply watched, and only many wealth blows dealt her;
awake, be ye not the sacrificial lamb anymore.

Awake, little lady, straighten thyself up,
watch not calmly as ye are led into a slaughterhouse;
nay, be ye not the common ground that was used for an economic battle
and discarded as the battle of wits and weapons escalated.

I stand with Ukrainians in prayer at such a time when hopes are tight and the spirit and longing to protect their country from wrecking by colonial begots is high. It’s a tough battle brought to their grounds, one of contempt, selfishness and ill-will.

(C) 2022 Lamittan Minsah, All rights reserved.

Brilliant! So lovely to read during this month honoring women. What blew my mind is the fact that I have a cousin named Narcisista (although she goes by Narci – who could blame her?!) and relatives who live in Potenza, Italy. Talk about 6ΒΊ of separation! 🀯

1. πŸ˜… Well, what a coincidence! Yes, women are noble figures in our societies, the source of all procreations. That’s why countries are referred to using femine pronouns. I’m very glad you loved this, dear Nancy. Thank you for your kindness and support. πŸ’–

2. Wow. This is wonderful. Such an enjoyable read my friend. Beautifully expressed.πŸ’•

1. Oh sweet, Grace.. aren’t you encouraging with your gracious and kind comments, darling! I’m glad you found this enjoyable. Thank you many times for your support. πŸ’•

1. Always a pleasure , dear Lamittan.πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

2. πŸ’•πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’•πŸ’

Fantastic poem and message Lamittan. Bravo

1. Thanks numerous times, dear Sadje. I’m happy you enjoyed reading.

You’re welcome

2. πŸ™πŸ™

Lovely language, imagery, and soaring narrative! ❀

1. Oh sweet, such an inspiring and soul-lifting review! I’m obliged for your support, Jaya. Thank you abundantly ❀

5. Love this. The language is so perfect

1. Wow, I’m quite happy you love this poem and find the language perfect. Thank you several times, my friend.

A gorgeously expressed poem, Lam. Wonderful write. πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Your comments bring joy and inspiration to me, Jeff. I’m verily obliged for your continued support. πŸ’–πŸ’–

7. Wic says:

You really excelled with this piece. The language was great. What a good piece to start my day with😎

1. Quite charming and encouraging of you to say, Wic. Many thanks and a beautiful day to you, my friend. πŸ˜‡

8. Beautiful poem and great message πŸ’™

1. Thank you, Luisa. I’m elated you found the message great, dear. πŸ’š

1. You’re most welcome Lamittan πŸ™πŸŒΉπŸ™

2. Pleasure πŸ™β€πŸ™

9. Your poem is wonderfully written, and the narrative has an epic feel, Lamittan. I too hope Ukraine prevails against Russia’s selfishness and brutality. ❀

1. Oh, so sweet to hear you say such encouraging and kind words, Diana. Thanks for helping me wish Ukraine victory in this tough deul. It’s my prayer they emerge Victorious ❀

A superbly written poem, Lamittan! I too hope Ukraine prevails. 🀍πŸ₯€

1. Thank you a bunch, Eugi. Glad you’re standing with Ukraine too. It’s such a terrible moment for her citizens. πŸ’šπŸŒ·

Most welcome! 🀍

Such a powerful message dear, I am glad you are voicing it out through your words. Selfishness is destroying the world and I do hope Ukraine prevails, lets all keep raising our voice for a better and more peaceful world. ❀️❀️❀️❀️

1. You’re right, dear Daph. Selfish desired by despots make the world a hell on wheels. We pray for the best case senarios. Always. Thanks for you kindness and unwavering support dearest ❀❀❀❀

You’re most welcome dear, hopefully all our prayers will be heard very soon. ❀️❀️❀️❀️

2. Yes, we have a strong undying hope. May the Lord hearken. πŸ’•β€β€πŸ’•

Amen. ❣️❀️

12. Women are often led by various circumstances to be sacrificial lambs. Even in the Ukrainian conflict, some of the clips I see are of women whose main focus is on the welfare of their children. An awesome poem, Lamittan. It speaks from the heart.

1. You’re right. I looked at it and saw a country who, like a mother, has suffered the brunts of a longstanding rift between two distict allies, and sitting there in the middle, she looks like the sacrificial lamb. How I pray that she emerges victorious in this bloody mayhem. Thanks for your comment, my friend. I’m glad it spoke to you.

1. Yes, it did, Lamittan. Thank you.

2. Amazing. Feel most welcome

13. Maria Khan says:

great message

1. Oh sweet, thank you many times, Mary. I’m glad you enjoyed this ❀

14. Wow Lamittan!
    I love the repeat in your powerful imagery and vivid words my friend.
    “awake, be ye not the sacrificial lamb anymore.”
    I’m so with you and your poem gives such a descriptive and sad truth to this horrible situation Lam!
    Sending blessings and love! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’–πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

1. I’m glad you could grasp the imagery and symbolism in this poem, dear Cindy. Thanks for coming on board and writing such a gracious comment. I feel encouraged. πŸŒˆπŸ’–πŸŒŸ

1. you’re so welcome.. your stories are nuggets.! my pleasure always! πŸ’–

2. 🌈❀🌟🌟❀🌈

3. πŸ’•β€οΈπŸ˜‡

15. Bravo, Lamittan! Wonderfully written. ❀️

1. Thanks, dear. It’s such a pleasure to know that you love this poem. ❀

1. You are welcome, my friend. 😊

2. πŸ€—β€πŸ™

16. michnavs says:

This is such a powerful piece honoring women….thank you for this empowering poetry..πŸ™β€

1. Yes, my dearest friend. I’m glad you love it. Thank you. ❀

Beautiful language and the last lines of repetition bring beauty to your poetry. Very nicely expressed, dear Lamittan! ❀️