A Fat Fall

He had them kept everywhere – in his locker, box and the small bag he loved to carry on his back…

Yay!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ The weekend’s rolling on sweet, everybody. I hope you’re having a whale of a time. πŸŠβ€β™€οΈπŸ„β€β™€οΈπŸš΅β€β™‚οΈπŸ›€β›Ήβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Ό As always, it’s time to eat and drink πŸ›β˜•πŸ₯‚πŸ§‰ and to take ourselves on a little tour to the moon. Let’s go.πŸŒœπŸ§‘β€πŸ¦―πŸ§‘β€πŸ¦½πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒ

Today, I thought about a high-school mate who loved eating like I had never seen before. I won’t refer to him here by his real name; let’s just call him K for now. By the way, it’s only until recently that I came to know that eating too much can be really addictive and so hard to stop.

K was tall and fat, the size of a pregnant hippopotamus, and had a scornful face full of pride and arrogance (ain’t trying to victimize fat people). If he caught you looking at him, even ordinarily as we all know the eye looks at whatever and wherever it wishes, he’d hull a terrible insult at you, probably insinuating that you were mocking him with your looks.

And when it came to food, he was both a glutton and gourmand. Nothing sweet would cross his eyes without him craving for it madly, not chocolates, not chips, not mandazis, not chapattis, not cakes, not sausages, not hums, not juices, not tea, not milk… all… every junk and healthy food. He had them kept everywhere – in his locker, box and the small bag he often carried on his back.

Oh, haven’t I told you yet, the only devil K knew was anyone who dared touch his food. Isn’t that quite snarky though?

So, there’s this evening we had come from the dormitories, everyone holding their plates and rushing to the dining area before the halting bell rang. As usual, K had bought other sweet stuffs to complement his meal and had dismissed anyone who sought to have a taste of them. Strange thing even, he had covered them up in a black polythene bag unlike he did on other days and kept us guessing what they were. The menu that day was rice and beans which most of us happened to love.

I remember it had not even rained for a whole month and the ground was tough and rugged. The pathway to the dining area was often a little sloppy and dusty. K and other students were walking briskly behind me when another student approached from the opposite direction with hot news.

“Hurry up, guys. The principal’s standing near the service line, and the bell’s just about to ring,” he cautioned. “So you risk being heavily punished. Hurry up, y’all.”

At his words, we started running. It was on rare occasions that the school principal positioned himself at the dining area to discipline students. And when he did, it was because he had noticed a particular trend of laziness he wanted to get rid of himself. He was the most dreaded figure in the whole school.

A few seconds elapsed and I heard a funny hiss behind me, followed by a terrible attention-gripping thud. The other students began to laugh. When I turned to check, I too couldn’t contain my laughter. K was all over the ground, his arms and legs spread apart and his food stuffs scattered on the dust.

“Oh my, what a fat fall!” a student from the group mocked and we all laughed, even more.

“Pick it up, K. Arise and shine, for thine light hath come,” harped another. But while we chortled, K remained lying still on the ground.

“Come on guys,” I raised the alarm, “our friend could be really hurt while we’re all here reeking with laughter.”

We moved closer and helped him up. He didn’t want to look at us. So when he had stood firm, evidently physically unhurt, he covered his face with his palms and smiled. He was embarrassed. His white shirt and jungle green trouser were covered in dust. The food he had not wanted to share too was now lying in waste, a bottle of strong tea and a chunk of ugali he had kept at lunch. πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ€£. Oh man, we all broke into laughter again when we thought of it. Why wasn’t it chicken or smokies this time round?

The bell rang.

Thanks for reading till the end. Have a fabulous weekend.

1. Dennis says:

Hilarious πŸ˜†

1. Thank you many times, Denis. I’m glad you enjoyed, my friend.

Hilarious incident.

1. Wow, just as I had hoped it would feel, for Saturday. Thanks

You’re welcome 😁

3. Such a fun read, Lamittan. I love how you narrate your stories, I can always easily visualize. This one made me smile. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend too.πŸ’•

1. Thank you many times, Grace. I’m glad this story proved fascinating to you as I had hoped it would. Thanks for the wonderful feedback, dear. πŸ’–

1. Always a pleasure.πŸ’•

4. What a nice funny story.
    You have a knack for storytelling πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

1. Oh, so sweet and kind of you to say, my friend. It’s happiness to me that you indeed enjoyed the story. Thanks for the compliment too. 😊

1. It was a pleasure to read itπŸ‘πŸŒΊ

2. β€β€πŸ€—

It’s always positive, I think, when we can connect as humans this way, and laugh at our own short comings. Wonderful story, Lam. ❀️

1. Indeed, Jeff! Thank you many times for your kind feedback. Your comments are reassuring and mean the world to me, my friend. ❀❀

6. Funny story. We are often our own worst enemy as K found out.

1. Indeed, my friend Janis. Thanks for your wonderful comment. πŸ’–

7. Great fun story Lam and laughing is so good for all of us right now.
    I could imagine every scene! πŸ’–πŸŒˆπŸŒˆ

1. Wow, I’m certainly elated you could mentally visualize this. How wonderful to know! Yes, laughing is important for such tumultuous situations. Many thanks, dear C.

1. I so did and you’re most welcome my friend. You’re so welcome.. πŸ’–πŸ’–

2. Pleasure upon pleasure πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

3. πŸ’•πŸ₯°πŸ€—

I always so enjoy the morals in your stories and this one is no exception! Full of lovely imagery and emotional impact, it indeed has me laughing!

1. Wonderful, my dear Jaya. I’m glad it brought joy to your face. Many thanks to you for your unwavering kindness and support. πŸ’–πŸ’–

9. Chris Hall says:

That brightened my morning! Thank you, Lamittan πŸ™‚

1. Glad to hear it brightened your morning, dear Chris. Thank you many times. πŸ€—

10. What a funny story, Lamittan! It sure does make a great reminiscence!

1. Much appreciated, my dear friend. I’m glad it tickled your funny bone. πŸ˜„πŸ’–

1. You’re welcome! πŸ’–

I got a good laugh out of this, Lamittan! Thanks for the Sunday morning entertainment. πŸ˜…

1. Holy catfish, Eugi! I’m much elated that you enjoyed this and that it made your Sunday brighter. Thanks for the wonderful feedback, dear πŸ€—

My pleasure! πŸ’–

2. πŸ’–πŸŒŸπŸ€πŸŒŸπŸ’–

You my friend are an excellent story teller, you have a way of attracting one to read and keep them on hook and this was hilarious haha…. Your friend reminds me of myself as I never shares my ice-cream. πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

1. Hahaha… so glad to receive this amazing feedback from you my friend. It tickles my funny bone that you were the like of K when it came to sharing. Kids, when growing, just have these nagging shortcomings. Hahaha… you’ve surely made me laugh. πŸ˜„πŸ€£πŸ€£β€β€

Oh I still don’t like sharing my ice-cream, I am a foodie big time though I look like one who never eats. πŸ˜‚

2. Hahaha… that, now that is a big-time laugh. Your looks really conceals it. You look like one who does healthy dieting and avoids too much sugar and oil. Hahaha. Then the English were right, one should never judge a book by it’s cover. Which icecream flavour do you like?

They were absolutely right about that, I am one that loves to eat anything that screams calories and my mom gave up trying to make me eat healthy. πŸ˜‚
        Chocolate, black current, mango, strawberry and the list goes on. All the ones that doesn’t have nuts in it are my favorite. 😁

4. Hehehe… aren’t you funny, Daph! If your mum couldn’t contain it, then you really love these kinds of food and may never eschew them any soon. The body gets used to what it receives. πŸ˜„ You’ve really made my evening, dear. Thanks for coming on board and writing such graceful and lighting comments. ❀

Haha… I am glad I did, and may be one day I’ll teach you to eat some of the best junk foods. πŸ˜†
        It was a delight to be part of this dear, couldn’t resist being the great writer you are. πŸ€—β£οΈ

6. Oh dear, that’s so fond and sweet of you to say. It’d be my pleasure too. πŸ™ β€πŸ™ Your comments do return hope and joy to my heart. Ever so grateful πŸ€—

I am as well dear friend. πŸ€—β€οΈ

8. Amazing. My pleasure πŸ™ β€πŸ™πŸ€—

πŸ€—β€οΈβ€οΈβ£οΈπŸŒΈ

Lamittan,you described it so well that I thought I was there with you.πŸ‘Œ

1. You’ve put a smile on my face by saying so, dear Jane. I’m happy you felt present in my narration room. Many thanks and blessings to you. 🀝

You are welcome, Lamittan! Bless you too. 🀝

2. πŸ™πŸ™

❀️

14. K learned how to share now, haha. Have a lovely weekend and thank you for the smile.

1. I’m glad it thrilled you, dear. Have a lovely week too. πŸ™

15. Fun story, Lamittan! I am going to sleep with a smile on my face. 😊

1. Oh sweet of you to say. I’m glad it entertained you. Have a wonderful moment. 😊

16. A great lesson to learn about sharing and laughing at yourself, you told it well!πŸ’•

1. Wow, indeed it is, I am certainly glad to receive such a wonderful positive feedback from you. Many thanks to you, my friend. ❀