Flowers on This Field

Yey!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ I’m finally back after such a long sick leave, thanks to God and the prayer and encouragement of friends.

It’s okay to get ill and convalesce.

For those who wondered why the sudden disappearance, I had malaria and a small worrying indention on my head. Following a checkup, I had to take anti-malarial drugs and other antibiotics, and keep off too much work. But now I’m up and about, in full strength, ready to meet you here again!

I finally had the chance to come out and get my ears lowered. Been a month of Sundays to me!

To those who reached out to me directly, I feel fully obliged for the lovingkindness and the encouragement you’ve shown me. Daphny Aqua, oh dear, you’re such an amazing person inside out – a friend indeed. I’m so happy to have met you here, dear. Your prayers and continuous check-ups on me have quickened my spirit and bodily strength.

Cindy, the one and only Cindy Georgakas, I received your prayers and comfort, dear. Such a treasured woman and friend you are. Thank you in a big way.

All my lovely followers, I’ve missed you terrifically, you and your great works. Y’all know I’m better at reading than at writing, and so I will be heading to your sites one after the other to unveil for myself what I’ve missed. For now, I leave you with this poem about our friendship. (Don’t forget to read the announcement below it)

Flowers on This Field

Once, I was a lonely lily
on this field,
drenched by the evening shower,
withered by the currant bun,
alone

Then one morning came glories,
lupines, lilacs and iris,
and afterwards uncoutable others:
Ashers, gazanias, sunflowers,
Bleeding hearts, birds of paradise

Dahlias, magnolias, marigolds,
Daisies, pansies, peonies,
Chryses, roses, lotuses, plumerias,
Orchids, daffodils, tulips

Buttercups,
sunshines,
carnations,
and a whole host of others

So now, when the rain comes,
when the sun shines,
when the wind blows,
we just hold onto each other,
and all the pain goes,
that’s you and me –
us

We’re flowers to each other
on this planet.

(C) Lamittan Minsah 2022, All rights reserved.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Laminsa Indies will be releasing two written plays this season, one on April 28th (my birthday) and another on May 20th. Please save the dates. To access ARC’s of the books for advanced reviews, kindly email your request to laminsaindies@gmail.com or write to us on WhatsApp through +254762063580

Thrilled to know you are doing so much better! How did I not know you were sick and with something like malaria?? And I was just thinking about you yesterday. Must be Karma! Welcome back, my friend! 🌟

1. Oh sweet, I’m glad you thought about me, dearest Nancy. Yes, I’ve been ill, but I found treatment and now I’m fine. Thanks for your kindness and support. Always. πŸ’–πŸ’–

Malaria! Goodness, Lamittan, I did a double-take when I read this. So glad to hear you’re back on your feet and feeling better. The poem is lovely and so heartfelt. It’s really good to have you back. No more malaria for you, young sir! *wags finger sternly at Lamittan* πŸ˜€ Seriously though, hope you’re feeling better. I was worried about you. πŸ™‚

1. Oh, thank you so much for your kindness and concerns, my friend. Yes, I’m terrific. Malaria is a common disease here, next to this tropical rain forest where I live. I’m glad I’m fine. I used to be so knackered I’d not even type long. Yes, no more malaria. Thank you sincerely πŸ™

3. QueenMary74 says:

Thank goodness! I messaged you a while back on one of my posts you had responded to cause I didn’t know how to contact you. I was so worried when you disappeared! Your absence has been noticeable! I felt the sunshine had left my page and others who followed you also! I am beyond happy to know that you are ok. I’m sad you were sick for so long, but ecstatic that you are well and back!
    ….and that poem! Brought tears to my eyes! So beautiful! How lovely is it to know that we have friends through common bonds, even from so far away!
    Welcome back my friend! You have been missedπŸ€—πŸ’šπŸŽ‰

1. I’m all reeling is great joy to hear from you, my dear friend Mary. I’ve missed you and I’m glad to be back. I’m happy you had fond thoughts about me while I was away. Thank you, and for your fabulous comment on this poem too. I’m glad it did speak to you. Will be rolling to your site soon, dear. Oh I’ve missed that wonderful journey. Hopefully there’s more now for me to settle on. πŸ’•β€πŸŒ·β€πŸ’•

4. Welcome back, my friend. Glad you are feeling better. What a beautiful and heartfelt poem. Love it.πŸ’•

1. Glad to hear you love it, Grace. Many thanks to you, for welcoming me back too. Oh I’ve missed you so much I can’t wait to see what you have on your site for us. πŸ‘πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ‘

1. I have missed you too, dear friend. So happy you are better and back.πŸ’•

2. Indeed. I’m obliged for your kindness anf support, dear. πŸ’–πŸ’–

3. Always a pleasure.πŸ’•

4. Indeed. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–

Glad to see you back Lamittan. I know how debilitating malaria is. Sending you warm hugs.

1. Thank you, my friend Sadje. I’m so glad to be back. Warm hugs to you too. Yes, malaria is a bad illness. There’s a vaccine currently on human trial here for it. Hopeful it’ll help reduce the symptoms. πŸ€—πŸ’–

You’re welcome! We often take quinine tabs as prophylactic for it in summer season.

2. Yes, but quinine is very strong. I once took it and almost lost my hearing.

I guess we are acclimatized to it, taking it since childhood.

4. Oh, i see… then that way it poses no effects in your system. Here’s it’s only given in extreme situations where life now hangs on a thin balance.

We sometimes take it in low doses for preventative measures. I was prescribed quinine for my rheumatoid arthritis too.

6. Then it works really well with other diseases too. I didn’t know. May be low doses can do then.

It is one of the recommended drugs for RA.

8. Such i useful drug, I see. I’m sure I can’t miss lower doses of it here. But the issue with it here is that in pharmacies, they only sell it at a doctor’s prescription. And doctor’s rarely prescribe it or maybe they do for the other diseases you’ve pointed out.

Every country has its own rules.

10. That’s very true.πŸ‘

πŸ‘πŸΌ

6. Happy to have you back and we’ll my friend.

1. Thank you, my friend. Happy to reunite again too. Sending love your way. πŸ’

7. Good to know you are fine now, Lamittan! Malaria can be so debilitating!
    Lovely, beautiful verse! Looking forward to your plays.
    Take care, my friend. ❀️

1. Thanks, my friend. Yes, I’ll take care. Malaria is a stubborn illness, quite common in this place. It’s joy and blessing to me to have recuperated and to meet you here again. I’m also glad you’ll be reading my plays when they’re out. Thanks for your kindness and continued support. Sending lots of love to you and your family. ❀

1. You are welcome, my friend and thank you. πŸ™πŸΌβ€οΈ

2. πŸ™β€β€πŸ™

I am so delighted to hear you are feeling better! Actually taking much needed rest is a truly wonderful way to heal and feel rejuvenated, as in this lovely poem you share. ❀

1. Thank you many times, dear Jaya. That is absolutely true and kind of you to say. I’m glad to be back too. ❀

It brings a smile in my face to have you back here my friend, I do hope you bid malaria farewell for good. 😁 Aww.. It is the least I could do dear, so kind of you to say, always stay healthy. β€οΈπŸ€—
    That poem resonates with me so much, oh you are back with one powerful poem and I can’t wait for the play its so exciting. πŸ€—β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ

1. Ain’t that so kind of you to say, dear. Yes, malaria should now leave me alone. Though it’s a very stubborn illness here. I’m very happy to know that you love this poem and will be reading the plays when they’re out. Lots of thanks πŸ€—β€β€β€πŸ₯°

A stubborn illness indeed, take good care my friend and you’re most welcome, I won’t miss it at all. ❀️❀️❀️

2. Yes, my friend. The pleasure is all mine, dear.❀πŸ₯°β€

πŸ€—πŸ’–

Sorry to hear you’ve been so unwell, Lamittan, but glad to hear you are feeling much better! Wishing you a speedy recovery πŸ™

1. Thank you so much, dear Ingrid. Yes I will be fully strong in no time. πŸ™β€πŸ™

11. Good to see you back and healthy!

1. Thank you, my friend Janis. Glad to reconnect too. ❀

12. KK says:

Welcome back! So glad that you have since convalesced. Beautiful poem indeed. All the best wishes πŸ’πŸŒΉπŸ’–

1. Yes, I’m fine. Thank you so much, my friend KK. Best wishes to you too. ❀

13. Jasperrr says:

Minsah how have you been??
    It’s great to hear from you again
    Can I reach out to you on WhatsApp??

1. I’m fine, Jasperrr. Beeen ill, but now I’m okay, my friend. Yes, I’ll be glad to connect. Here’s my contact (+254741395784). Thank you for your kindness and continued support.

14. Wic says:

Glad you are back too health and writing with your unique flair. Looking forward to reading more😎

1. Thanks, my friend Wic. I’m happy to be back to walk the writing and reading journey. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

15. Malaria is not to be trifled with my friend! So glad to hear you are recovered. I had missed you.

And what a lovely poem and photos to start back with!

1. You’re right, my friend. Malaria is not a joke. I’m glad to have recovered and happy to hear that you missed me. I’ve missed you too. Sending warm hugs and love your way. Thanks for your compliment on this post too. πŸ’–πŸ’–

16. I’m sorry to hear that you were ill, Lamittan, but glad that you’re better now. It took me a minute to figure out what “ears lowered” meant. LOL. Looking good. And a beautiful poem and tribute to friendship. It’s lovely to see you back.

1. Haha… my friend, I’m glad you loved it, and the funny phrase too. Yes, I’ve been unwell but now I’m fine and happy to be back too. Thank you so much. Always, dear.

17. Sorry about your health and good to have you back! I wasn’t sure how to reach you, glad i have your WhatsApp number now.

Welcome back and I cannot wait to read more engaging content from You.

1. Thank you so much, dear Maureen, for your kind and caring heart. Yes, I’m back in full strength and willing to continue exploring. I’m glad you have my number. Feel free to hit my inbox any time. Sending lots of love and hugs to you, dear. πŸ™β€πŸ™

I am thrilled that you are okay, Lamittan! I was concerned about your absence and wanted to reach out but didn’t want to appear to be prying. You’re looking good, my friend. πŸ˜‰

1. Thank you so much for the compliment and your caring heart, my dear friend Eugi.❀ You don’t really have to fear reaching out. I sincerely love interacting with people, even directly. I hope you’re fine and are doing well, are you?

My pleasure, Lamittan, and so glad you are feeling better. All is well with us, thus far. Spring is springing and we have doves that nested in one of our hanging plants. They are a joy to watch.

2. That’s really wonderful, dear. Doves are amazing to watch indeed, a good sign of peace and prosperity. I couldn’t agree more.

Thank you, Lamittan.

4. Feel most welcome, Eugi.

19. michnavs says:

Hi there..i am obviously new here and i am loving everything..gonna check more of your posts…β€πŸ™

1. Thank you so much, my newfound friend Michnavs. Glad to have you here to share our experiences together. Feel most welcome. ❀

20. God is good! I am so glad you are recovering. Your beautiful poem gives me spring fever. My daffodils are blooming. Have a healthy and great week ahead!

1. Thank you so much, my friend. It’s a pleasure to be back. Spring fever! Haha. I’m glad my poem resonates well with you. Have a wonderful week too, Diane my friend.

21. Oh my Lam… I had no idea you had such a scary illness when I checked in! And thanks for your sweetness in mentioning me. Your light and love always carries through and was thoroughly missed. You look amazingly healthy here and I’m blessed you are feeling back to yourself.
    Your poem is just beautiful and you are all of those flowers and fragrance to me and more in my friendship garden.
    YAYYYYY I can’t wait for my invitation to your plays.
    Take your time in getting back but I see you are back at it.
    lots of love and big hugs to you my friend! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Yes, it was terrible… but I’m now fine dearest… emaciated a bit… haha πŸ˜„ but all’s well and isn’t it a pleasure to feel missed and loved this way. You’re numerous flowers to me verily too. I’m glad you’re in and will be enjoying the plays. Love and kisses to you too my dearest friend. πŸ₯°β€β€πŸ₯°

1. Wow! I bet it was!!! So glad you’re on the mend. I’m gonna spare you of more long winded words and send you fragrance of love of all of your favorite flowers and I’ll be throwing you a bunch on your debut! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

2. Wow, that feels beautiful and relieving, dear. Thank you so much. πŸ₯°β€β€β€πŸ₯°

22. Bridgette says:

I’m so glad you are on the mend! I missed you, That poem is so lovely. It made me smile so much, I’m looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming projects!

1. Thank you in abundance, Bridgette dear. I’m glad you’re in and loved the poem. Will keep us updated about the projects. πŸ₯°

23. Jules says:

The first time I heard about ‘getting ears lowered’ was from my MIL about my hubby’s locks.
    May you stay healthy and enjoy the flowers. Continued success – and thanks for your visit to the ‘Spot On?’ segment inspired by the prompt ‘What do you see?’
    ~Jules

1. Oh wow, thank you so much, Jules, for showing back love. It’s a funny phrase, isn’t it? I’m glad to see you here. Grateful for the good wishes too. πŸ™

1. Jules says:

My icon doesn’t go to my site –
        the story page is here: Page link ”Spot On?” New series in β€˜22

I just used the latest WDYS prompt for my addition here: Pleasantly Twisted? (Spot On?)
        The links to the prompts are at the top of the post, including Sadje’s πŸ™‚

2. I wish you’d share with me the links. Why isn’t your site accessible? Have you hidden it from the public. Kindly check your settings, on site indexing. Make your site visible to the public and indexable by search engines. I think that’d do. It is costly to have your site inaccessible, dear. ❀

3. Jules says:

I had issues with spam and trolls. My icon doesn’t go to my working site. The prompt sites I visit – they get links to my posts.
        my current site is:
        Jules in Flashy Fiction
        I’ve included other links to you in other responses to you πŸ™‚

4. Oohk, I get it now. I’ve found them and I’m grateful πŸ™

5. Jules says:

Enjoy!

6. Jules says:

You sent me several replies. I’ve sent links – they appear in bold green or just green. Please check your other replies ~ Thanks.

7. I’m glad I found them. Many thanks to you, dear Jules. πŸ’–

8. Jules says:

Cheers!

9. Jules says:

In your blog the links are showing up in bold blue. πŸ˜€
        Just click them and it should take you to what you are looking for.

10. Yes. I just checked through and found them. My bad… i was reading through Reader and would see any.

11. Jules says:

No worries… I’m an older gal – I don’t use the Reader at all. Glad you found them πŸ˜€

While I have had some help, most of what I’ve learn with WP has been by ‘self-discovery’. And I do most things the ‘old fashioned way’ – though I know quite a few folks don’t have that option.

12. Wow, I see that. It’s a valid option πŸ˜…πŸ€—

13. Jules says:

I check – at least the one ‘worked’ πŸ™‚

14. Yes. They work perfectly and I’m grateful

15. Jules says:

Enjoy… I do so in the creating.
        I hope all writers enjoy the process.
        We might not share everything – thinking a piece isn’t worthy. But the attempt, the journey – that’s the important part πŸ˜€

16. You’re write my friend. Not all may like what one does. It’s acceptable, we all have different thoughts and feelings. Thank you 😊

17. Jules says:

🌈 Let us create rainbows with words!

18. Well-said. I agree. ❀

24. Chaymaa says:

Glad you’re better now, Lamittan. Thanks God it ended well.
    Nice poem, stay healthy and safe! πŸ’πŸ˜Š

1. Thank you so much for the kind compliment, my friend Chymaa. Wishing you safety and good health too.

1. Chaymaa says:

Most welcome! Thanks for your wishes.

2. πŸ™β€πŸ™

25. Beautiful poem, thankful you have overcome the malaria, you must be pretty tough! Take care! πŸ’“

1. Many thanks, dear Tricia. It’s a common tropical disease here. I’m grateful to be alive. Thank again, dear. Take care too ❀

26. I’m so glad you’re doing better now, Lamittan. Do take care and rest. And your poem is so beautiful and profound. I absolutely love it!

1. Thank you so much, my friend. Advice taken with a grain of salt. Glad you enjoyed the poem. Really appreciate you, my friend. ❀

1. You’re welcome, Lamittan!

2. πŸ™β€πŸ™

27. This is such a beautiful poem! I love all the flowers and the images of spring and friendship.

1. Ermahgerd, thank you so much, Dawn dear. Your comments fill my heart with appreciation and happiness. Glad you love them. ❀

28. eunice says: