Swallowed by a Red Object

The closer they drew, the bigger the light appeared.

Yey!! πŸ˜€πŸ’ͺπŸ˜€. The weekend’s here, everyone. I hope you’re having a whale of a time. πŸš΅β€β™€οΈπŸŠβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‹β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ€Όβ€β™‚οΈβ›Ήβ€β™‚οΈπŸ›€ As always, it’s time to eat πŸ›πŸ²and drinkπŸ₯‚πŸΉβ˜• and take ourselves on a little tour to the moon. So, let’s pack a few belongings and go. πŸŒœπŸ§‘β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©β€πŸ¦½πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸƒ.

I remember how on weekends like these we’d have bashes out of campus, go to the movies or watch a tournament (though I wasn’t quite a great fun of football as I was with other games like… do I even know? πŸ˜„). These days, all that’s left of it are just memories. But I still do enjoy a little time out on weekends with friends of the same feathers.

Today, however, I thought of something else, the stories Mum told us often on weekend nights as we sat in front of our main house after supper. My mum, I have to admit, is a skilful storyteller and her stories often seemed real, at least to me.

One Saturday night, she told us a story about a group of scientists that was trying to discover what existed beyond the galaxies.

She said the astronauts left earth in a speedy jet to explore the space. They first landed on the moon and seeing nothing bizarre apart from weightless sand and stones, sprang forth to Venus and then on to Mars.

“At first, they thought there were aliens in the space,” said Mum. “But that seemed not to be the case. So they proceeded to the darkest parts of the space.”

She then turned to me and asked, “Do you think there’s any creature living out there, in the space?”

“Yes. Certainly there is, Mum. How can’t there be?” I answered, feeling almost sure.

“Does anyone else thinks so too?” she posed.

“I don’t think so,” answered Maureen, our eldest.

“Me neither,” asserted Moses, the third born.

“Well, let’s see,” she continued. “After some time of traversing the space, they began to see a blinking red light in the distance. They thought, “Mmm… that must be something noble.” Then one of them suggested that they go see what it was.

“The closer they drew, the bigger the light appeared. It resembled an enormous ember, red and scary.”

“Wasn’t the area around it hot,” I asked out of a full deck of curiosity.

“No. If it were, they’d be burnt up already. The crew decided to draw even closer, just close enough. Then one of them spread out his hand and tried to touch the side of the object.”

“Did it turn out it was hot or what happened?” asked Casha, the youngest then, her bulging eyes indicating the level of curiosity she had.

The space contains strange things like these mysterious debris disk and ring that were discovered around the obit of a star.

“What happened, my children, is that the astronaut was quickly pulled out and swallowed by the object.”

“Holy cow!” I exclaimed. “You see, I said it, there are aliens in the space.”

“Mum, were they all swallowed up?” little Casha asked.

“No. But three more, two women and a man, tried, and they too were swallowed up. Then the remaining, who was a woman, decided to return to earth to reveal what had occured.”

“So it was an alien, right?” I asked.

“Whether it was or not, we still cannot tell, for scientists have been secretly sending away people to check on the object, but all who try to touch it return not. And no picture has ever been released of it too. It’s one of the top secrets and mystery among astronauts, and I’m telling you this just because the information was leaked to my grandfather who narrated it to us.” She then sighed and put in plainly, “That’s all for today. It’s late, my children, let’s rise and go into the house.”

You know, I have been meaning to ask her whether that was simply one of the other stories she made up or it was indeed a top secret among the astronauts. And why would they keep such a secret to date anyway? For fear of being considered failures or did something strange occur and this was used as a cover up? Haha.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and let’s meet here again next weekend for another installment. πŸ˜€

Wonderful to read of a time when you were a child listening to your mother’s stories! I enjoyed this immensely. Of course there is life “out there”, my dear friend! I agree with you. How pompous are we earthlings to think we are the only inhabitants of the universe! πŸ’«

1. I also want to imagine there’s life in the space. I used to enjoy Mum’s stories, they were so lively to me. Thanks for your wonderful comment and support, dear. Glad you loved this too.

2. Jules says:

I have always been a fan of Science Fiction… I can only hope those who disapeared did so to a better place than what the earth has become. And maybe they are working together with other aliens to figure out how to correct some of the earths issues. πŸ™‚

If one has an imagination, one can believe … just about anything πŸ˜€

1. I hope so too. And you know I now even thinking, I’d rather disappear like that and turn into something else rather that face the cruelty of the grim reaper, haha. And it’s so true, imaginations leads us to believing quite a lot. πŸ˜„β€πŸ‘

1. Jules says:

With all the Sci fi movies and shows I’ve watched… human emotions seem to play a large part. But then most are written by human hand…

But then even Native and indigenous peoples stories have some very interesting creation stories coming from off of the planet!

We humans seem to need explainations. Even if we later choose to not believe in them. πŸ˜‰

2. You’re right, Jules. It’s from our desire for explanations, even if they won’t be much of use to us. πŸ˜„

3. Jules says:

I think that is what writers do to… we try to explain the unexplainable in our fiction however short the pieces (like haiku) in poetry or our longer series pieces πŸ˜€

4. That’s a true sentiment. We always look out for strange and new inventions and aspects of nature. πŸ‘

5. Jules says:

πŸ˜€

3. Fascinating story, my friend . I have always been intrigued by this subject. So glad that they have recently exposed so many top secret alien sightings. Have a wonderful weekend .πŸ’•

1. Hahaha… if my Mum was right and her grandfather was right, then this was a top secret indeed. πŸ˜„πŸ‘Thank you, dear Grace. ❀

1. Very welcome.πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ’•

2. Obong eno says:

Lovely, your mum most be a fan of sci Fi, nice πŸ₯°

3. Sure, she really love ’em.πŸ˜„β€

A wonderful reflection, and story, Lamittan. Thank you for sharing it with us. β™₯️β™₯️

1. I’m glad you love it, Jeff dear. Your comments are truly an inspiration to me. ❀❀

I’m so glad this is so; and love it I do. ❀️❀️

2. Oh sure. I’m pleased with you, my friend.❀❀

5. Lamittan, what a delightful share! Such wonderful memories. I agree there is life out there.

1. Many thanks, Punam my dear. It’s highly likely there’re some tinkering about in the vast space. ❀

6. A wonderful story!

1. Thank you 😊

7. Oh I love your mother’s stories and her creative mind engaging all of you Lam. And what a story it is. I certainly think we should hope there are some other forms of life superior to the planet we are living on now. But where are those aliens when we need them. Radio that please!!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸŒ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1. Hahaha… i loved her engaging nature too. I do think aliens exist too, but… all these years suely, aren’t they so fearful then not to want to reveal themselves or at least simply visit earth?

8. What a great story teller your mother was, now I see where you get your writing skills from!❀️

1. Hehe… my dear Diane, I’m so happy to know that you know the foundation of my storytelling. Thanks for this noble compliment ❀❀

9. Your mother’s story is so intriguing, Lamittan! I think it would be amazing if there was another habitable planet out there, just like earth!

1. Oh, i wish there could be one too. Wouldn’t it be so wonderful to leave this wretched earth for a better place while still just alive? That’d certainly be relishing. Thanks for your wonderful response, dear ❀

1. Yes, exactly! You’re welcome, Lamittan. πŸ’–

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

Your mum tells very interesting stories.

1. She does. Thank you for finding this interesting ❀

My pleasure

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

😎

Please tell your mom we want the next part of that story hehe… She is amazing story teller no wonder you write so good you’ve got her story telling gene my friend. Such a refreshing story to hear. πŸ™‚πŸ’–

1. Wow, Daph, that’s so fond and sweet of you to say. She’s a good storyteller indeed. And she loves reading too, though these days her eyes fail her. Thanks for such a noble compliment. πŸ’–πŸ’–

Mother’s story are always the best though in my case it is my grandpa’s story that always kept me entertained haha… Oh must be terrible for her, wish she will read without her sight failing her for many more years. You’re most welcome dear! πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ’πŸ’ž

2. Oh, your grandpa was undoubtedly the best. Old people know how to tell interesting stories with a kind of humour and curried voice that is irresistibly enjoyable. ❀ Thanks for the good wishes for my mum. πŸ’–πŸ’–

Oh he was, he was one funny guy haha… Even my friends really loved him. You’re most welcome dear πŸ€—πŸ’

4. Glad to hear so. Then I’m sure I’d have loved him too. I enjoy being with funny people. πŸ’– Pleasure πŸ™

You definitely would have 😊

6. Yes. Most pleased πŸ˜ŠπŸ™

What a wonderful story! Stories told by our mums were always the best, whether or not they were true. I think there is something out there, Lamittan!

1. Yes, they truly. I also feel so too. How creepy it would be if we heard they were approaching earth. 😳 I love the talk about aliens, at least before they finally arrive in the next few centuries πŸ˜„β€

It’s an eerie subject, Lamittan, and how do we know that they are not already here!? 😱

2. I don’t even know. But we’d probably see them or find a trail of their movement. Hah. πŸ˜„

13. Ultra says: