Linda’s Diary: Entry 19

Monday, 3 February 2014

11:03MP.

Dear Jennifer,

Georgie has not returned home since yesterday and I am beginning to think something might be bloody wrong, considering how he left home yesterday, acerbic and disintegrated from family affairs.

Really, where would he be in the middle of this fracas? I’m afraid he might as well be a target for the cops, given his high profile connection with Tiger.

Today I decided to buy a Bible from a bookshop in town. If it can offer me protection against Tiger and his mischiefs, then it isn’t worth giving a flying puck. Sincerely speaking, dear sister, I’m wearied and scared of seeing Tiger’s mystical face every day and listening to his threats and mockeries. How the hell did my marriage start rolling downhill?

After buying the Bible, I went on to meet Mr Moliak, a psychologist in town who lives close to Dunga Beach. I’m beginning to think it is high time I looked for help from every nook and crany of life. I remember there was a time you told me never to despise any piece of advice and to always be ready to look for it whenever I needed it. At this moment, I guess I need some very logical pieces.

When I arrived at Mr Moliak’s house, I found him attending to another visitor. But he excused himself to have a moment with me outside.

“Sorry, Mrs Argwins, we were in the middle of something,” he said when we had found a haven.

“No, I bet I’m the one supposed to be sorry, for intruding, you know.”

“No. You don’t have to. I’m always here for you. What is it? It’s been terribly long since you last came. I guess we last spoke way back in 2012.”

“Sure. Mr Moliak, I have a problem. My husband has not been acting properly. He doesn’t come home in time and rarely speaks with me, and the kids,” I stated.

“Oh, I’m sorry, dear. I know how stressful it can be to share an abode with a mule.”

At the mention of the word mule, I wanted to object and say that my husband was not an animal, but I kept my knickers on. I really did not understand what he meant.

“I understand family matters,” he proceeded, a bit of snobbery carried in his voice. “I can assure you, lack of communication in a family can sometimes be abhorrent and traumatising, Your Excellency. But I can help you. What if we schedule a meeting with you and your husband to iron out this impasse, together? Wouldn’t that be great?”

“No. That won’t work, Mr Moliak,” I objected immediately. ”My husband would simply walk away. I’ve tried to talk to him on various things, including a mysterious ring I… .” I stopped at the realization that I was bending in too much and giving out information that could turn out ferocious for both of us.

“What! A mysterious ring, did I just hear you say?”

“Forget I just said that. Please”

“Why? What are you hiding, Mrs Argwins? You know you can trust me.”

“It’s nothing for your concern, sir. We can talk other issues. And… Well, I bet I should go now. Please notify me when you’re ready to slate a piece of your time for me.”

I made to walk away but he stopped me. “Can’t we have it right now righ here then?”

“What? I thought you had a visitor waiting.”

“Um… that’s just my churchmate… .”

“All the same, let’s have it another new time, sir.”

I smiled and walked away. I could not allow myself to start up a conversation I would not be willing to give out my thoughts for. I chose to go back home. I found Faith standing at my gate. It has been quite a while since he last showed up at my place. And was I wrong? Did I see her carrying a knife and crying out all her tears? I rushed to her to hold her close and console but she backed off.

“Don’t get near me, you donk!” she growled. I could not believe what my ears gave me. Was this really the same Faith I knew? I retreated. “Leave my family alone!” she harped on. “I believed you when you came to me with profound meekness, Mrs Argwins. But now what is this you’re doing to me? You’ve turned your gun upon my head!”

“Faith! What are you taking about?” I asked and made to move closer.

“Don’t! Don’t get near me, you naughty woman. Don’t, unless you want me to pull this through your throat.” She held the knife in front of me.

My blood froze. It was as if I was having a nightmare, dear sister. I retreated and stood at least two metres away, wondering whether that flared arrogant woman was the self-effacing Faith I actually knew. And, oh my poor self, I nearly broke down into tears.

“What have I done?” I asked aloud.

“Why have you sent your husband to my house to threaten me? He came to my house with a gun. Really? After I entrusted you with all the secrets about my brother, this is how you can repay? You rich ignorant woman, you’ve torched your own home.”

I stood nonplussed, my eyes fixed onto the small knife she was holding.

“I know you want me to leave,” she continued. “I’ll go. But never, and I mean never, show up at my house, you bloody liar. A pox on you!” She then turned and walked quickly past me, as if a gast of wind was carrying her feet upon the ground. As she moved, I felt an odd aura of dread pervade my soul.

“Faith! Faith! Please talk to me,” I shouted after her, but she scooted away without turning her neck around, and quickly disappeared into thin air.

As I go to bed tonight, I wonder whether it would be really appropriate to open up to someone else about my situations and whether the woman who showed up at my gate today was actually the Faith I know. Sometimes, and I believe this time, it is important to believe in fantasies.

***

Continue to Entry 20.

Darn this is getting more and more interesting by the day, I am looking forward to read the next part and find out more what Faith meant and also learn more about Tiger and how it all linked up to her husband. 😊❀️

1. Wow, so glad you’re going on with me and enjoying the story. I will certainly unravel what went on here. Thanks for your continued support and kindness, dear Daph. 😘 ❀

It is always a pleasure dear, I love the journey of reading this very much πŸ˜ŠπŸ’

2. Glad you do. Pleasure for me too indeed. πŸ’–πŸ’– Some interesting things are going to happen in the next few chapters will have a great impact on the story. Keep reading.

Can’t wait for it, so much eager to find out what her husband is actually up to. 😁

4. That man, oh I hate how he is a piece of chauvinistic mute, haha. He keeps giving Linda headache! πŸ˜„ If it were not for the role he plays I’d have butchered him alive. I’m giving him time to change or else… only my heart knows what I’m thinking about him 🀣

I’ve roasted and burnt him in my mind, only waiting to hear what you do with him, he has become a headache not only to Linda but to all 🀣

6. Hahaha. Such villains are important to a story until the time of their trial. Glad we feel alike for him. He is a piece of joke indeed. 🀣🀣

Haha… True, without a villain a story will never be complete. 😁

8. Yes in deed. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ˜„

Looking forward for the villain to meet the end he deserves πŸ˜…πŸ˜

10. The end will justify the process. Haha. I won’t waste my reader’s efforts and interest πŸ‘Œ πŸ˜…πŸ’–

Haha… Let him rot in hell 🀣

12. Should he? Yes i think he should πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

He definitely should, I’ve probably burnt him a thousand times in hell in my mind 🀣🀣🀣

14. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And what do you think of Tiger?

I’ll leave that imagination to you 🀣

16. Yes, and I’ll absolutely imagine it πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚

If I have burnt the husband a thousand times, I think we both know what I would do to Tiger in my imaginations are far beyond the mind could reach. 🀣🀣🀣

18. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ please don’t burn them up all. You’re even just about to burn Faith, Pastor Anthony and Linda πŸ€£πŸ˜€

Haha… I’ll burn them all together 🀣🀣🀣🀣

20. Oh my πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and i’ll ensure I make them “unburnable” πŸ˜„

You might probably have to 🀣🀣🀣

22. πŸ˜…πŸ˜… I will, dear 😊

πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

Loved the narrative and immersive nature of this piece in particular! Her small purchase of the Bible stuck with me as a vivid image. πŸ™‚

1. WπŸ˜ƒw, Jaya, I’m glad that you’re actually taking your time to read and follow up the progress of this story. Many thanks for your support, dear. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ™

3. Wonderful, Lamittan. Love it. Looking forward to reading more.πŸ’•

1. Thank you many times, Grace. Glad you’re following πŸ’–

1. My pleasure truly.πŸ’•

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

4. Lot of things happening in this episode. Now I am curious what will happen next.

1. I’m obliged for your support, dear. Keep in touch for the next episode. πŸŒ·πŸ’–πŸŒ·

Compelling reading! I feel like I am right there in Linda’s diary. Wonderful writing! 🌹

1. Oh, so kind and encouraging of you to say, dear Nancy. Thank you so much for joining and always keeping in touch. ❀

This series is intriguing and suspenseful. Excited to see where it does. Wonderful write, Lam. ❀️

1. Amazing, Jeff. I’m so glad you’re enjoy this story. I’m very obliged for your continued support and kindness, my friend. Your comments do encourage me a lot. ❀

It’s always my pleasure, Lamittan. Always. ❀️

2. πŸ™β€β€πŸ™

7. oh I bet the bible is key in this mystery unfolding Lam/. Well written and capturing. πŸ’–

1. Yes, it will play some role in the unfolding. Glad you’re enjoying it, C. Thank you. ❀

8. KK says:

Too interesting to miss! Good one πŸ‘Œ

1. Thanks, my friend. I’m glad you like it. πŸ‘

1. KK says:

You’re welcome, always 😊

9. How terrible for the husband to threaten the poor woman and ultimately Linda loses a friend. Trust is so important.

1. Imagine! Too sad πŸ˜” Some people are just meant to spoil others’ chances

1. Yes, spoilers, haha.

10. Jules says:

If Tiger is a ghost… then maybe that kind of ‘ice’ runs in the families bones -so-to-speak.
    I can believe Linda’s husband went looking for Tiger… but I think if Tiger is some kind of mystical creature that he could imagine himself as his own sister!

Hmmm. Did that bible work then – as the image of Faith did not get close enough to do actual physical harm!

1. Haha. It leaves us with many questions but clearly there’s something damn so strange about Tiger. And soon the truth’s going to be known about “what happened” and so shall the riddle be unwoven.

1. Jules says:

You are a tease!! Soon… like in several episodes later πŸ˜‰

2. Hahaa. Gotta make it REAL soon. πŸ˜…

3. Jules says:

Move as the muse directs. That’s what I’m doing with my serial(s).

4. Yes, that’s as it should be. Thanks for the encouragement and advice.

5. Jules says: