Living a Desolate Lie

Today I revisited this spoken word poem I made some years ago. It came right from within me as I was facing a terrible storm in my life.

The truth is, many people often live between two worlds; the imaginery and the real worlds. The imaginery world is a perceived world, a misrepresentation of the real world. In the imaginary world, people create an impressive image to feed the curiosity of their friends, relatives, coworkers etc. It could be through photo-posts, cool dressing codes, warm facial expressions, general grooming and style of talk. However, behind these impressions are a distraught self, one that suffers physically, emotionally, or spiritually. That’s exactly what this poem is about. People often smile, but it doesn’t mean they are totally okay. They don’t just want to unleash their deplorable self in front of the world and his wife. So it’s advisable that before you judge or underrate a person for their actions, please listen to what they have to say. Maybe it could be their only chance to tell their painful story.

Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. New book release

A story about the struggle for liberation from the whims of economic oppression and poor governance.

2. Upcoming anthology – call for submission

Submissions are now open for our first ever anthology entitled “Tales of a Tearful World: Narrative Poems“. Click here for more details.

1. Goff James says:

Have a great day My Friend.

What a heartbreaking poem

1. Oooh, i though it would be. 😒 Thanks for your revealing comment

You’re welcome my friend

2. πŸ™πŸ™

3. Touching and beautifully expressed.πŸ’•

1. Thank you, Grace. I’m glad you like it. πŸ’–

1. I sure did. My pleasure.πŸ’•

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

4. What a beautiful poem: so amazing with profundity. I enjoyed listening to it!

1. Oh, how sweet to know that you enjoyed listening. Thank you many times, dear. πŸ’–

1. My pleasure πŸ™πŸ’œπŸ™

2. πŸ’–πŸ’–

5. KK says:

What a touching poem! Beautifully rendered. All the best for your book releaseπŸ‘πŸ‘

1. Thank you, many times KK. Glad you liked it. πŸ‘

1. KK says:

My pleasure, Lam!

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

6. michnavs says:

It is sooo good to hear you read your poem…goind to your YT Channel to subscribe.

1. Oh wow, thank you so much, Mich. I’m elated that you love the narration and are going to give your support. Ever so grateful for your support, dear.

7. Such a poignant piece, Lamittan! The spoken word was truly beautiful. ❀️

1. Thank you, my friend. I’m truly happy and honoured that you liked it. ❀

1. You’re welcome!

This poem was heartbreakingly true, it is a fact of life that people knows only some parts of our life and they make judgements based on that so quickly, they don’t know what that person goes through yet they speak like they know it all. I really hope your storms have calmed a little, my grandpa use to tell me that to success in life you must first go through all the hardships. Oh dear Lam I am so excited for your book, congratulations dearest and I will head over to your YouTube account and subscribe it right away. Good luck for the anthology dear. ❀️❀️❀️❀️

1. Thank you, dearest. You’re grandpa was right about hardship coming before success. Yes, I’m pretty fine, dear. I thank God for this far. I’m glad you’re happy for me about the upcoming release and anthology. Really I am obliged for your kindness and unwavering support. Blessings to you always, dear. ❀❀❀❀

You’re most welcome, but the sweet taste of success that comes after is worth every struggle. πŸ€— God is great and kind to us, and I thank Him for you. I am always thrilled for all your wonderful journey ahead my friend, my best wishes to you, always. ❀️❀️❀️❀️
        Thank you, and to you as well. πŸ€—πŸ’ž

2. God is great indeed. His goodness and mercies endure forever. Ever pleased with you. β€β€β€β€πŸ€—

πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ’

Beautiful and touching poem, Lamittan! Good luck for the anthology. I liked and subscribed your YouTube account πŸ™‚

1. Cor blimey! Thank you so much for the compliment and for subscribing, my friend Jane. Thanks for the good wishes too. ❀

You are welcome my friend ❀️

2. πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™

10. Wow Lam, this is such a touching spoken word piece and so relatable. I love you honest capture of what the world sees and how we can feel on the inside which can be so skewed from reality. Truly moving! Sharing your truth of what it means to face our inner demons and limitations gives everyone the opportunity to embrace all sides of themselves. We feel, we release and repeat.
    So excited about your anthology my friend. Keep up the great work! πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. Many thanks to you, dear. You are right about facing our life monsters. I’m glad you enjoyed and resonated with the spoken word. Thanks for your beautiful and kind wishes too. Ever so grateful for your support. πŸ’–πŸ’–β€β€

What a moving and touching poem of pain and resilience, being forlorn and uplifted, lost and found, sorrowful and joyful. Lam, you are a deep and soulful man. Your words brought me to tears knowing how we all have to wear a mask from time to time just to exist. You’re life has not been easy but you are a survivor! πŸ’•

1. You have spoken the truth, dear Nancy. It’s never been any easy, but with God we keep stepping up. I’m glad you could resonate with this piece. And thanks for your beautiful and heart-warming compliment dear. Survivors we are indeed. πŸ’–πŸ’–

You said it all in that beautiful poem, Lam! Thank you for sharing your innermost thoughts πŸ’• 🌹

2. Glad you saw it. The pleasure is all mine. πŸ™β€πŸ™

What a lovely recording of a deep thought! I love the words you share on it here, and am excited about your upcoming anthology. I will save the deadline and see if I am called to write a piece for it. ❀

1. Wow, thank you so much, dear Jaya. I’m glad you did enjoy this narration. Kindly go ahead and submit for the the anthology. It’d be great joy to me. I’m truly obliged for your invaluable and unwavering support and kindness. πŸ™β€β€πŸ™

13. Navin says:

Beautifully expressed βœ¨β€οΈπŸ’«

1. Thank you, Navin. I’m glad you enjoyed it. πŸ’• πŸ’–

1. Navin says:

It’s my pleasure, Minsah βœ¨β€οΈπŸ’«

2. πŸ™β€β€πŸ™

14. QueenMary74 says:

Oh my friend, how tragically beautiful this is. Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing it with us! You are amazing. πŸ€—πŸ˜

1. Wow, it’s my joy you loved it, dear Mary. Thank you many times. And feel most welcome too. Always. πŸ’–

Wonderful spoken word, dear Lam. It’s so true what you write about. The stories we create about who we are and what reality is are not true, who we really are is far grander than any story or name and form we have a concept for. Painful and powerful read, and I appreciate you sharing it with us. ❀️❀️

1. You’ve warmed the cockles of my heart with these words, dear Jeff. I’m glad and inspired that you like and saw the truth in it. Ever so grateful for your friendship and support. ❀❀πŸ₯°

Aww, I’m so happy this is so; you’re most welcome, my dear friend Lam. Always. Thank you, as I am grateful for yours. πŸ₯°β€οΈ

2. πŸ™β€β€πŸ™πŸ₯°

16. Bridgette says:

Oh, what a beautiful and heartbreaking poem. I cried hearing your beautiful words spoken so full of emotion and life. You are such a loving soul. I’m sending you an enormous hug.

1. Aww, thank you so much for your kindness and wonderfulcomment, dear. Sending you lots of love and a warm hug too. πŸ’–πŸ€—

17. Such a profound message in the poem and the narrative on you-tube is excellent. Your emotive voice is well-expressed. I have subscribed to your channel, Lamittan. Congratulations!

1. Oh sweet, thank you so much for the support and wonderful compliment. I’m encouraged πŸ’–πŸ’–

1. You are welcome, Lamittan.

18. Wonderful presentation of your heart-touching poem, Lamittan. I never suffered the hunger and discomfort described, but I did spend many of my younger years playing a role that was expected of me, so I can relate to that aspect of the poem. I have been much happier since I am no longer in that situation and I can just be myself.

.All the best on the publication of your play and the anthology. ❀

19. johncoyote says:

Outstanding verbal words and your thoughts my friend.

1. Thank you many times, Johnny my friend. It’s such an honour and joy to me that you liked it.

1. johncoyote says:

It is my honor Lamittan. You have a good face and wonderful voice. You are welcome.

2. Oh sweet, thank you again for such a noteworthy compliment.

3. johncoyote says:

You are welcome my friend.

20. Wonderful recording, Lamittan! Very moving words. All the best for your anthology. ❀️

1. Thank you many times, dear Punam. Your words are knit with encouragement. ❀❀

21. Tut Yashar says:

Lamittan, this is so beautiful it made me cry. So touching and moving, beautiful and painful. I could relate so much to your words and they are so deep. Really beautiful!!! Sending you good positive energy πŸ’—β€οΈπŸ™πŸΌ

1. Thank you many times too, dear. I’m glad it touched you and you could relate. It is happening, dear. Thanks for your good wishes too. πŸ™ β€β€πŸ™

1. Tut Yashar says:

πŸ’—β€οΈπŸ’—

22. Tut Yashar says:

Oh it was so moving I forgot to mention congratulations on your upcoming book! Really great news πŸŽŠπŸŒ·πŸ’•

1. Thank you, my friend. It just out already. πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’

23. merrildsmith says:

Oh–this was heartbreaking. Everyone has their own personal, secret feelings, but this was just so sad. I hope your life has eased a bit, since you said this was from a few years ago. πŸ’™
    And congratulations on your new book!

1. Thank you, dear Merril. I’m better now, and I’m grateful for the little steps. Indeed, everyone has a silent hurting spot. Thanks for reading and writing such a gratifying comment, dear. ❀

1. merrildsmith says:

You’re very welcome. πŸ’™

24. Wow, Lamittan… this is a poem that’s humbling to listen to… Very courageous.

❀
    David

1. Aw, David, ain’t that kind and encouraging of you to say. Thank you many times, my friend. ❀

25. Congratulations on Twilight of Freedom, I have no doubt that it would be fantastic.

1. Thank you many times, dear Maureen. The book’s actually out and accessible on my online bookshop.