The Blessings of this World

Mothers are like roses
that thrive among thones,
beautiful, strong, hardworking
determined, persevering and, most of all,
tolerant.

Mothers listen first before responding;
mothers understand first before tackling
because that which they are dealing with
are a product of their love.

Mothers are much-needed
in this world full of sorrow
where kids are stricken with cold
and calamities.
Mother’s are the blessings of this world.

To be a mother is not merely to have a child out of one’s body. There are lots of women who beget children but just throw them away or mistreat them, because they are not mothers. There’s a woman that no amount of hardship can prevent from raising or nurturing a kid, be it theirs or another’s. That’s the definition of a mother to me.

There’s a sad story in my country about a mother who lacked food and therefore decided to boil a stone to stop her kids from crying and give them the feeling of food cooking while she went away to beg. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒบ A mother is undefeatable.

Happy mother’s day to all ny motherly friends. You’re the blessings of this world. ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’

Listening

Listening is the key to understanding, which is the key to finding solutions.

Lamittan Minsah

This quote was Inspired by Grace Y. Estevez from this post.

Beautiful, heartfelt and true words. I know this for a fact because I am not only a mother but a daughter and I’ve felt and shared the love on both sides. Thank you for speaking up for women everywhere. ๐Ÿ’•

1. Glad you could resonate, dear Nancy. Thank you so much for your kind words. Indeed, a motherโ€™s love is wonderous, nothing human surpasses it ๐Ÿ’–

2. Beautiful tribute to mothers, Lamittan. โค Wishing you and your family joy today.

1. Aw, glad you found it beautiful, dear Cheryl. Thank you so much. Wishing the best moments with your family too. โค

3. Such a beautiful tribute, dear Lamittan. You have described the role of motherhood so well. Thanks so much for including me in the quote, my friend, I wasn’t expecting that, since it was you that came up with those amazing words. Love and joy to you and yours on this wonderful day.๐Ÿ’•

1. Oh thank you many times, dear. Glad you enjoyed this tribute. The quote was inspired by your work. In fact, I wasn’t aware it was befitting a quote until you noticed. Many thanks and feel most welcome too. ๐Ÿ’–

1. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

What a kind tribute to mothers everywhere. This is beautiful, Lamittan. I’m sure if my mom were still here, she’d love this poem. Well done, my friend. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Jules says:

This reminds me of an old commercial about rye bread. ‘You don’t have to be Jewish to like Rye Bread.’ And you don’t even I think have to be a woman or a mother to be a good parent.

I had some wonderful teachers who encouraged my creativity. Better than my own parents. I think parents who want children should take classes on childcare first, to know and understand the responsiblity. Some schools have students pair up and take care of a raw egg as if it were a child… Giving them an idea of just what their future could hold.

6. Aaysid says:

A beautiful tribute!๐Ÿ˜Š

A beautiful poem Lamittan. This indeed is the definition of a mother

8. Beautiful and heartfelt tribute to all mothers!
    Thanks a lot, dear Lamittan ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

9. A heart warming tribute, Lamittan! โค๏ธ

10. Navin says:

A beautiful tribute…beautifully written โœจโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ซ

11. What a wonderful tribute to all mothers, Lamittan!

A beautiful ode to mothers everywhere, dear Lam. โค๏ธโค๏ธ

13. I love your quote, Lamittan! What a beautiful tribute to mothers! And that story in your country was so touching and really showcased the unwavering resilience of the mother. ๐Ÿ’–

Youโ€™re right with your definition of a mother, Jeff: not giving up, and putting her children first despite all hardships!

I am so sorry, Lamittan: I know youโ€™re not Jeff – I just woke up and havenโ€™t had my coffee yet ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

A beautiful and heartfelt tribute to Mother’s Day, Lamittan! ๐Ÿ’•

Such a beautiful heart-warming tribute for all the mother’s dear, this is filled with so much love. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

17. A lovely poem! My godfather once told me that his mother used to make Stone Soup on days when there was no food.

How gorgeous this homage to mothers as a blessing of this world! I love the descriptive opening lines and the relatability I find in each stanza. ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Bridgette says:

Such a beautiful tribute to mothers. I think the story of stone soup might be found in various forms in different countries. My children and I read a book when they were small (wish I could remember the title) where a stone was placed in the soup and the one who got it in their bowl was able to make a wish. We recreated it with a bright blue stone many, many times over the years. Thank you for reminding me of this precious memory.

20. michnavs says:

this is a very heartfelt poem about mothers… well done my friend..

21. such a gorgeous tribute to moms everywhere dear Lam!!