The Blessings of this World

Mothers are like roses
that thrive among thones,
beautiful, strong, hardworking
determined, persevering and, most of all,
tolerant.

Mothers listen first before responding;
mothers understand first before tackling
because that which they are dealing with
are a product of their love.

Mothers are much-needed
in this world full of sorrow
where kids are stricken with cold
and calamities.
Mother’s are the blessings of this world.

To be a mother is not merely to have a child out of one’s body. There are lots of women who beget children but just throw them away or mistreat them, because they are not mothers. There’s a woman that no amount of hardship can prevent from raising or nurturing a kid, be it theirs or another’s. That’s the definition of a mother to me.

There’s a sad story in my country about a mother who lacked food and therefore decided to boil a stone to stop her kids from crying and give them the feeling of food cooking while she went away to beg. πŸ˜’πŸ’πŸŒΊ A mother is undefeatable.

Happy mother’s day to all ny motherly friends. You’re the blessings of this world. πŸŒΊπŸ’πŸŒΊπŸ’

Listening

Listening is the key to understanding, which is the key to finding solutions.

Lamittan Minsah

This quote was Inspired by Grace Y. Estevez from this post.

Beautiful, heartfelt and true words. I know this for a fact because I am not only a mother but a daughter and I’ve felt and shared the love on both sides. Thank you for speaking up for women everywhere. πŸ’•

1. Glad you could resonate, dear Nancy. Thank you so much for your kind words. Indeed, a mother’s love is wonderous, nothing human surpasses it πŸ’–

2. Beautiful tribute to mothers, Lamittan. ❀ Wishing you and your family joy today.

1. Aw, glad you found it beautiful, dear Cheryl. Thank you so much. Wishing the best moments with your family too. ❀

3. Such a beautiful tribute, dear Lamittan. You have described the role of motherhood so well. Thanks so much for including me in the quote, my friend, I wasn’t expecting that, since it was you that came up with those amazing words. Love and joy to you and yours on this wonderful day.πŸ’•

1. Oh thank you many times, dear. Glad you enjoyed this tribute. The quote was inspired by your work. In fact, I wasn’t aware it was befitting a quote until you noticed. Many thanks and feel most welcome too. πŸ’–

1. πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ’•

What a kind tribute to mothers everywhere. This is beautiful, Lamittan. I’m sure if my mom were still here, she’d love this poem. Well done, my friend. πŸ™‚

1. Thank you many times, my friend Mike. Makes me feel happy that she would love it. I’m glad you enjoyed it too.

5. Jules says:

This reminds me of an old commercial about rye bread. ‘You don’t have to be Jewish to like Rye Bread.’ And you don’t even I think have to be a woman or a mother to be a good parent.

I had some wonderful teachers who encouraged my creativity. Better than my own parents. I think parents who want children should take classes on childcare first, to know and understand the responsiblity. Some schools have students pair up and take care of a raw egg as if it were a child… Giving them an idea of just what their future could hold.

1. Wow, Jules, that sounds a step ahead, the issue about schools offering parental studies, or so I’d call it. But indeed you’re right one doesn’t have to be a parent to be a parent, where the first is by birth. I could find enough words to agree. 😊

1. Jules says:

πŸ™‚

2. Jules says:

Oh… when is the next ‘Linda’ segment’ arriving πŸ˜‰

3. Soon, my friend. I’m sorry I’ve been away on my mom’s sickness and other issues, but now I’m back fully.

4. Jules says:

Oh… I was concerned for your absence. But real life must come first. I do hope your Mom is better and recovering.

Yes other issues take over sometimes. Be well, breathe and stay clam.

5. Thank you, dear. Yeah, she’s a bit stable right now and I’m grateful for it. I’m happy that you were concerned about me.

6. Jules says:

I am concerned for all my ‘net’ friends who show loving kindness πŸ˜‰
        I’ve lost some by ‘age’…. (departed), others by frustration with WP, and a few by perhaps misunderstandings… but such is life.

We must do the best we can and that is all one can ask for. I do believe though that all postive thoughts (prayers) end up just where they need to be πŸ˜€

7. Indeed. I’m glad you do care about us. It’s such a fond thing to know. It’s sad to lose friends, but that’s how life goes. Happy for our friendship and support. πŸ™πŸ˜Š

8. Jules says:

πŸ’–

6. Aaysid says:

A beautiful tribute!😊

1. Thank you so much, Aaysid, it’s a complete joy to me that you enjoyed reading this. πŸ’•

1. Aaysid says:

M pleasure.😊

A beautiful poem Lamittan. This indeed is the definition of a mother

1. Yes. I’m glad you find it this way too. Being a mother is a blessing. Thank you verily.

You’re welcome my friend

8. Beautiful and heartfelt tribute to all mothers!
    Thanks a lot, dear Lamittan 🌺🌺🌺

1. Aw, thank you many times, Luisa. Glad you found it beautiful. Well-deserving to mothers, a’ight? Blessings. 🌹

1. Thank youπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
        Have a beautiful weekend

2. Most welcome, dear. You too.

9. A heart warming tribute, Lamittan! ❀️

1. I’m glad you enjoyed reading it, dear Punam. Thank you abundantly, dear. ❀

1. You are most welcome.❀️ I hope all is well with you.

2. Yea, been away awhile over my mom’s sickness and other issues, but now she’s a bit fine and I’m glad to be back. Thanks for asking. ❀

10. Navin says:

A beautiful tribute…beautifully written βœ¨β€οΈπŸ’«

1. I’m happy you loved it Navin. Thank you many times indeed. ❀❀

1. Navin says:

You’re welcome Lamittan βœ¨β€οΈπŸ’«

11. What a wonderful tribute to all mothers, Lamittan!

1. Dawn, what a joy to see that you loved it, my friend. Thank you so much. ❀

A beautiful ode to mothers everywhere, dear Lam. ❀️❀️

1. I’m completely joyful you enjoyed reading it, my dear friend Jeff. I’ve missed reading you. I’ll be on your sight in a bit. Thanks for the support. Always. ❀❀

13. I love your quote, Lamittan! What a beautiful tribute to mothers! And that story in your country was so touching and really showcased the unwavering resilience of the mother. πŸ’–

1. Glad you enjoyed the poem and story, dear. Yes, just shows how women go through a lot for their kids, and like you say it, how resilient they can be. Thanks for your support. Always. ❀❀

1. You’re welcome, Lamittan!

You’re right with your definition of a mother, Jeff: not giving up, and putting her children first despite all hardships!

I am so sorry, Lamittan: I know you’re not Jeff – I just woke up and haven’t had my coffee yet πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

1. No prob, this simply happens to me too. πŸ˜„

2. Indeed, Ingrid. That’s the persevering nature of a mother. Thanks for noting, dear.

A beautiful and heartfelt tribute to Mother’s Day, Lamittan! πŸ’•

1. Indeed. Glad you loved it my friend. Thanks for your support, and for checking on me while I was away. Forever grateful to you. ❀

❀️

Such a beautiful heart-warming tribute for all the mother’s dear, this is filled with so much love. ❀️❀️❀️❀️

1. Aw, Daph, isn’t it sweet and lovely to hear these from you. I’m completely elated that you loved this tribute. Thanks for your wonderful compliments which often warm the cockles of my heart, dear. Finally I’m back and can’t wait what’s there for me on your site. ❀❀❀

You’re most welcome dear, it is always such a pleasure to read your words. I am elated that you are finally back again, I assume all is well now? πŸ’žπŸ’

2. Indeed, as I feel towards yours too. Yeah, all’s well, my mum’s picking up well. Thank you many times for your encouragement and prayers through it all. 🌺❀🌺

That is such an amazing news, I wish her much more healthier life in days to come. Don’t mention it dear it is the very least I could do. πŸ€—πŸ’

4. Pleasure indeed. Glad to have you as one of my most treasured friends, Daph. 😊❀

So am I πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

6. Glad it is so. Hugs πŸ«‚ πŸ₯°β€

Hugs πŸ€—πŸ₯°β€οΈβ€οΈ

17. A lovely poem! My godfather once told me that his mother used to make Stone Soup on days when there was no food.

1. Oh, so it’s happened in your place too! What a beautiful thing to know how resilient mothers can be. Thanks for your wonderful feedback, dear.

How gorgeous this homage to mothers as a blessing of this world! I love the descriptive opening lines and the relatability I find in each stanza. πŸ™‚

1. How wonderful it is to me to know that you enjoyed this tribute, dear Jaya. It’s amazing, a’ight? I’m obliged for your great and invaluable support towards my writing. Always I am.

19. Bridgette says:

Such a beautiful tribute to mothers. I think the story of stone soup might be found in various forms in different countries. My children and I read a book when they were small (wish I could remember the title) where a stone was placed in the soup and the one who got it in their bowl was able to make a wish. We recreated it with a bright blue stone many, many times over the years. Thank you for reminding me of this precious memory.

1. Wow, Bri my friend, I’m glad you could relate. Makes me happy that this story exists in many other places in the world. Thank you for you great unwavering support towards my writing, dear. 🌺❀

20. michnavs says:

this is a very heartfelt poem about mothers… well done my friend..

1. Thank you many times Mich. I’m so glad you loved it.

21. such a gorgeous tribute to moms everywhere dear Lam!!

1. What a noble compliment on it, dear C. I’m filled with happiness that you loved it. Been away for awhile on my mum’s sickness but I’m now back. I received your comfort and prayers, dear. Thank you. Happy to finally be hear. Can’t wait to see all the goodies I’ve missed at Uniquelyfitblog. ❀❀❀

1. Oh I’m glad and I’m soooo happy to hear she is feeling better I hope!!! you’re most welcome Lam. Your presence is so big, it’s noticeable when you’re gone. Sooo happy you are back and continued prayers to your mama. No rush really, take your time. !!! πŸ’žπŸ’ž

2. Yes, she’s recuperating and we can only hope for the best. Many thanks to you always. And yes, i’m glad yo be back to this wonderful space. Thanks for your encouraging words and wonderful compliment. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

3. Oh good and you’re so welcome! I imagine you are!!
        We’re all happy too! I know I am!!!
        You’re more than welcome!!! It’s true! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•β€οΈ

4. Very well pleased, dear. πŸ’–πŸ’–β€πŸ₯°

5. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ˜˜πŸ˜Ž

22. Completely joyful you loved it, my dear friend Jeff. I’ve missed reading you. Will be on your site in a bit. Thanks for your support. ❀❀

23. A beautiful poem about mother’s, thank you!

1. Indeed. Much obliged, dear Diane. ❀

24. I’m sorry I read this a little late. It’s beautiful, thank you.

1. Not so late, glad you’re catching up. I’m happy too you find it beautiful. Thank you.

25. KK says:

Touching lines! A beautiful tribute to mother. This reminded me of my own mom, though all moms are alike. Always stay blessed my friend πŸ˜ŠπŸ’

1. Yes, all mum’s are alike and mothers are indeed a blessing to the world. Glad this gave you fond memories of your mom. Thank you for such a noteworthy comment, dear KK. Blessings to you too my friend. πŸ’πŸŒΊπŸ™

1. KK says:

You’re more than welcome, my friend πŸ’–

2. ❀❀